everyone knew? | Syracusefan.com

everyone knew?

SaintTristan

Starter
saw the article suggesting that everyone in college football might have known about sandusky and thats why he retired early and wasnt offered any jobs etc etc

If so thats just disgusting. I know these guys are merely glorified gym coaches, but this shouldnt have been a hard call for anyone to make.

Certainly hope not. More likely they sensed something was fishy when he retired young from a school where he was considered the coach-in-waiting and never searched for a new job...

saw the article suggesting that everyone in college football might have known about sandusky and thats why he retired early and wasnt offered any jobs etc etc

If so thats just disgusting. I know these guys are merely glorified gym coaches, but this shouldnt have been a hard call for anyone to make.
the destruction of reputations will go way beyond happy valley

I've been wondering what the reason for never having another job was - i certainly hope this wasn't it.

I kept thinking that as part of him "retiring" he was not allowed to take another job or field offers from other.

Plus, as sick as it is to say: he had it too good being retired from PSU but still having access and he probably didn't want to give that to.

Here is the disconnect, unless Sandusky had some leverage why in the world would PSU let him anywhere near the program? That is what doesn't make sense.

You make a deal: Retire, no more coaching, no more youth program, you get therapy, you don't show your face here again and we will see that you don't go to jail.

Instead it's: Retire, keeping running your youth program and you have free access to the PSU brand and facilities and you keep engaging in this behavior and it gets covered up?

How does a guy with what should be no leverage get the protection he did?

I think what we're about to learn may be the leverage he had.

Oh Lord

A buddy of mine said that rumors of this had popped up on Ohio State rumor boards years ago, but the board administrators shut down the discussion of the rumors pretty quickly so I'm thinking that this stuff was floating out there just waiting for someone to pick it up. How this didn't happen sooner is pretty surprising.

I cant wait til karma comes knocking to this less of a man.

they need to burn down penn state. preferably the last day they give sandusky access to it. no taxpayer should have to pay one penny to fund this sick place. it's not just a few people, it's the entire institution that needs to go.

I think what we're about to learn may be the leverage he had.

Oh Lord

I think there are a few possibilities. Money was being sent into PSU from the charity. Or Joe Pa is a pedofile himself. Or Penn St had been experimenting with steroids. Outside of those three I find it hard to think of anything. Even if Joe Pa had killed someone, I don't think Sandusky could hold that over him. In that case Joe Pa could just kill Sandusky and problem solved. There had to be a reason why Joe Pa decided he needed Sandusky to stick around.

they need to burn down penn state. preferably the last day they give sandusky access to it. no taxpayer should have to pay one penny to fund this sick place. it's not just a few people, it's the entire institution that needs to go.
I certainly think the Death Penalty for the football program should be in the discussion but I haven't seen it mentioned yet and it probably won't be.
What worse transgression can there be than to allow a man to rape children on your premises and do nothing about it. If that's not grounds for the death of a program, even a supposed prestigious one like Penn St., then what is?

I think there are a few possibilities. Money was being sent into PSU from the charity. Or Joe Pa is a pedofile himself. Or Penn St had been experimenting with steroids. Outside of those three I find it hard to think of anything. Even if Joe Pa had killed someone, I don't think Sandusky could hold that over him. In that case Joe Pa could just kill Sandusky and problem solved. There had to be a reason why Joe Pa decided he needed Sandusky to stick around.

You need to stop IM'ing 'Bees.

My guess it would have more to do with the program not being as clean as the perception in terms of recruiting and academics.

Reactions: CIL

My guess it would have more to do with the program not being as clean as the perception in terms of recruiting and academics.

Is that really leverage though? Why couldn't they tell Sandusky that they wouldn't press charges and in return he leaves State College and keeps his mouth shut about any wrong doings? Wouldn't Sandusky have been crazy to not take that deal?

Although we all share in the anger and absolute disgust, scorching the earth that is PSU is not the answer. Everyone that is complicit, OR can be reasonable assumed to be complicit, should be fired and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Everyone. Then PSU must reach out to the victims, the community, and the nation. From this horror, they have to find a way to make a positive impact going forward. Model for the country what should be done in response, and proactively going forward. Do everything they can for the victims. Invest their resources and money into national child abuse prevention. Find away to make a difference...

Although we all share in the anger and absolute disgust, scorching the earth that is PSU is not the answer. Everyone that is complicit, OR can be reasonable assumed to be complicit, should be fired and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Everyone. Then PSU must reach out to the victims, the community, and the nation. From this horror, they have to find a way to make a positive impact going forward. Model for the country what should be done in response, and proactively going forward. Do everything they can for the victims. Invest their resources and money into national child abuse prevention. Find away to make a difference...

I think PSU will involuntarily reach out to the victims via civil lawsuits that will be brought by the increasing number of victims that will come forth.

PSU will either settle those lawsuits out of court or, less likely, in court.

I don't think PSU can do a lot to stop the flood of civil lawsuits that they're going to be hit with.

They can be proactive, but lawsuits will be forthcoming..no matter.

I think PSU will involuntarily reach out to the victims via civil lawsuits that will be brought by the increasing number of victims that will come forth.

I don't think PSU can do a lot to stop the flood of civil lawsuits that they're going to be hit with.

and those settlements will include a "can't talk about it clause"

Here is the disconnect, unless Sandusky had some leverage why in the world would PSU let him anywhere near the program? That is what doesn't make sense.

You make a deal: Retire, no more coaching, no more youth program, you get therapy, you don't show your face here again and we will see that you don't go to jail.

Instead it's: Retire, keeping running your youth program and you have free access to the PSU brand and facilities and you keep engaging in this behavior and it gets covered up?

No kidding - there is so much that doesnt' make sense.

he probably has some dirt on some other important key figure that he was keeping on the hush hush .

My point is not that PSU should attempt to mitigate their civil liabilities. They should publically embrace those liabilities, financially, morally and otherwise. They need to do MORE than what the courts are going to force them to do.

Haha. Every day something comes out that the day before everyone said "no way". Bet your bottom dollar there is some tie to Second Mile. Whether it is $$$ or child sex or whatever. And of course PSU is shady. 90% of the schools are to some degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom