Exclusive club about to induct 2 new members | Syracusefan.com

Exclusive club about to induct 2 new members

moqui

generational talent
Here is the list of Syracuse men's basketball players who have gotten playing time in 100 or more victories:

Triche 121
Joseph 117
Thompson 114
Coleman 113
Jardine 110
Douglas 109
Jackson 106
Seikaly 105
Johnson 104
McNamara 103
Forth 103
Hak 103
McNeil 103
Bouie 100
Orr 100

next up:
BMK 98
CJ 97

some people are surprised that Baye is ahead of CJ - here's the explanation:
Baye played in all 27 wins as a freshman to CJ's 24; as sophomores, CJ played in all 34 wins to Baye's 32; as juniors both played in all 30 wins; as seniors, they have both played in all 9.

Anybody else surprised that KJ is only 4 behind Triche? Triche started every game in his career. I seem to remember KJ not playing for long stretches of games his freshman year. Remember when he came in the 6 OT game after all are centers had fouled out. Seemed like the first time I had seen him in ages

for two decades, the top 4 spots were held by the stars of the late 80s . . . after this season, the top 4 (and 6 of the top 10) will all be from the early 10s.

The older generation makes way for the new. Partly because of longer seasons, mostly because of great teams.

It would be very unlikely for anyone to ever pass Triche for wins as a starter since all 121 are and most guys starting these days from day one will not be here for 4 years the way we are recruiting. We averaged30 wins a season during Brandon's time, truly amazing.

It really is a shame he didn't get to leave a champion.
Agreed. Luckily when a guy doesn't win a championship in college, it carries a lot less weight than it does in the pros.

do you keep a win% list as well?

Gotta be Boeheim's first class (100-18).

Orr and Bouie were .847.

Triche was .823. He was on pace to shatter the '80s' percentage, but 10 losses last year killed that.

It would be very unlikely for anyone to ever pass Triche for wins as a starter since all 121 are and most guys starting these days from day one will not be here for 4 years the way we are recruiting. We averaged30 wins a season during Brandon's time, truly amazing.

Ennis. 130. Mark it down.

Ennis. 130. Mark it down.

I'd love that and if he stayed for 4 years he would have a shot at it but I feel its highly unlikely he is here after next season.

Snakebit by the Arinze injury and Fab's stuff. Brandon was a great steady guy for us.
Very good point and got me to thinking that we, as fans, feel shortchanged by those factors. Seldom give any thought to the effect on the impact to the other players on those teams. Certainly understandable if they feel like "we coulda had 2 NC's while I was there"

I was away and forgot to extend congrats to CJ Fair, who joined the club with the win over Nova. BMK and CJ now sit at 102 and 101, respectively.

BMK and CJ are both now in the Top Ten all time.

BMK tied for 8th with Seikaly at 105
CJ tied for 10th with Dave Johnson at 104

and, btw, this was Rakeem Christmas' 80th career win. At the rate things are going, he could crack 100 as a junior, and looks likely to graduate at the top of the list.

BMK and CJ are both now in the Top Ten all time.

BMK tied for 8th with Seikaly at 105
CJ tied for 10th with Dave Johnson at 104

and, btw, this was Rakeem Christmas' 80th career win. At the rate things are going, he could crack 100 as a junior, and looks likely to graduate at the top of the list.

Wow.

Not who you'd expect [a la Triche]. But it speaks volumes about the sustained run of excellence we've been on these past 5 years.

Dang never thought about Rak and he's been a starter every game as well. Depending on what happens with Grant and Ennis we could be even better next year. Still a ways to go this year but those numbers are crazy.

bump with another update

the Duke win moves Keita into a tie with Scoop Jardine for fifth most all time at 110 wins
CJ tied with Sherman Douglas in 7th place at 109
it's pretty much assured at this point that they will come into Senior Night as the 3rd and 4th winningest players in Syracuse basketball history - with a shot at being 2nd and 3rd if they are still undefeated at that point

Back in the 70's when Bouie/Orr played I think the regular season was only 26 games. In the 80's when Coleman/Douglas played I think it was 27 games. Those 4-5 fewer regular season games add up. Anyone know for certain?

for two decades, the top 4 spots were held by the stars of the late 80s . . . after this season, the top 4 (and 6 of the top 10) will all be from the early 10s.

The older generation makes way for the new. Partly because of longer seasons, mostly because of great teams.
Mostly because of longer seasons.

Mostly because of longer seasons.
Derrick Coleman's teams played 111 games through his junior year (and DC played in all of them)
CJ & BMK teams played 112 games through their junior years (BMK has played in 110 & CJ in 109)

Last edited:
Derrick Coleman's teams played 111 games through his junior year (and DC played in all of them)
CJ & BMK teams played 112 games through their junior years (BMK has played in 110 & CJ in 109)
Well, shut my mouth.:)

And he was as polarizing a player as any on this board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom