Class of 2020 - F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

i would not be shocked to see Davis at the 3 with Bell at the 2 if in fact JJ is going to start at pg.

JJ
Bell
Davis
Freeman
Lampkin
Nice looking lineup

They've said over and over that Bell is not a 2. He doesn't have the dribbling and ball-handling skills. And I think Westry will be the point guard and JJ will stay at the '2'.

Westry
Starling
Bell
Freeman
Lampkin

With McLeod, Davis, Moore, Taylor and Carlos all seeing significant action. Cuffe I'm not sure about.

Anyone know when Jyare is expected?
IMG_4865.jpeg

They've said over and over that Bell is not a 2. He doesn't have the dribbling and ball-handling skills. And I think Westry will be the point guard and JJ will stay at the '2'.

Westry
Starling
Bell
Freeman
Lampkin

With McLeod, Davis, Moore, Taylor and Carlos all seeing significant action. Cuffe I'm not sure about.

IMO no matter what the plan is we are going to wind up with Carlos and Westry playing 95% of the PG minutes. Provided Westry is healthy.

The silence here is deafening. Should we be worried or is it just some red tape that needs to be worked out?

The silence here is deafening. Should we be worried or is it just some red tape that needs to be worked out?
Davis doesn't like driving in traffic, he's waiting till after the State Fair to move in...

Or is he playing in the Olympics qualifier in Spain?

Davis doesn't like driving in traffic, he's waiting till after the State Fair to move in...

Or is he playing in the Olympics qualifier in Spain?
Too many lingering nightmares from the Taurean Thompson and Andrew White summer sagas.

Why do you think this? He took 78 all last season and he was the leading scorer for Delaware and the focus of their offense.

That is less 3s than Judah and Justin took for Syracuse.

He seems to know who he is. I do expect him to come off the bench and probably take a lot of shots. He is probably going to be our go to sub when the offense is stagnant and they need someone to come in and put some points up quickly.

I would think if he does take a lot of 3s and doesn’t make a high percentage, it is going to lead to greatly reduced playing time.

I agree. I think he knows that, at heart, his game is in the midrange and posting up other forwards.

IMO no matter what the plan is we are going to wind up with Carlos and Westry playing 95% of the PG minutes. Provided Westry is healthy.

I think you're over-stating it. JJ is going to trigger the offense a lot, certainly more than 5% of the time. He started the offense probably 1 trip out of 3 when he was paired with Judah last year.

DC was so good he could have led my intramural team to the tournament. And I think it was 32 teams back then.
He may have been the most talented player in college for his 4 years.

I think is was much better than Billy because of his blocks and defensive flexibility.

For my money, DC is the best player I ever saw play for the Orange, including Melo. (I never saw Bing.)

The teams with him and Billy proved the importance of having a point guard.

Anyone else remember expecting Stevie to light up that little white PG from Georgia Tech? We all learned Mark Price’s name that day.

I think is was much better than Billy because of his blocks and defensive flexibility.

For my money, DC is the best player I ever saw play for the Orange, including Melo. (I never saw Bing.)

Anyone else remember expecting Stevie to light up that little white PG from Georgia Tech? We all learned Mark Price’s name that day.
I don’t think Stevie ever played Mark Price.

Mark Price was in the NBA before Stevie was a Freshman. Did Pearl play against Price?

Edit: You're probably thinking of the 1985 NCAA tournament.

Mark Price was in the NBA before Stevie was a Freshman. Did Pearl play against Price?

Edit: You're probably thinking of the 1985 NCAA tournament.
It was Mark Price and John Sally that broke our hearts in Pearl's- I believe- sophomore year tournament game. Not sure what white guard he was thinking of.