F1 2020 Thread | Syracusefan.com

F1 2020 Thread

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Fun start to the year. Obviously hate the result as a Red Bull fan.

I’d like to watch more F1 than I have since I was a little boy up early on weekend mornings.

The unique courses and the speed of the cars make it fun. Have no clue who to root for or why to root for them at this point. Guess I’ll feel it out.

My father used to go to Watkins Glen to watch the F1 series in the 70s. He and his pals always talked glowingly about the Alfa Romeos. Perhaps that’s a good place to start?

I’d like to watch more F1 than I have since I was a little boy up early on weekend mornings.

The unique courses and the speed of the cars make it fun. Have no clue who to root for or why to root for them at this point. Guess I’ll feel it out.

My father used to go to Watkins Glen to watch the F1 series in the 70s. He and his pals always talked glowingly about the Alfa Romeos. Perhaps that’s a good place to start?
I just started watching a few years ago and didn't have a team/driver so when Max Verstappen got called up to Red Bull and won his 1st race with them, they became my team.

I'd hesitate with the Alfa Romeo team, they are pretty far back in the pack and neither driver is particularly likeable. Ricciardo is probably the most likeable. Check out Drive to Survive on Netflix. He's on a semi-competitive team this year and moving to McLaren next year. I'd say check out a few episodes of that show and you'll get a feel for most of the drivers personalities and it'll increase your interest considerably.

Having been an oval guy my whole life, never getting into any sort of road racing, Drive to Survive had me hooked almost instantly. Learned a ton.
Ricciardo is going to move teams again?! Didn't he just jump from Red Bull?

Having been an oval guy my whole life, never getting into any sort of road racing, Drive to Survive had me hooked almost instantly. Learned a ton.
Ricciardo is going to move teams again?! Didn't he just jump from Red Bull?
Yeah. Most F1 deals are for 2 years. So 2 at Renault and then going to McLaren to take Sainz place as he's taking Vettels seat at Ferrari.

Yeah. Most F1 deals are for 2 years. So 2 at Renault and then going to McLaren to take Sainz place as he's taking Vettels seat at Ferrari.

I thought he was crazy to take that Renault gig. I also thought it was crazy that they announce these moves in the middle of the season. Seems like the rest of the season would be awkward as heck. (Unless Drive to Survive wasn't going in order of actual races.)

I thought he was crazy to take that Renault gig. I also thought it was crazy that they announce these moves in the middle of the season. Seems like the rest of the season would be awkward as heck. (Unless Drive to Survive wasn't going in order of actual races.)
It definitely creates odd situations. Vettel, Ricciardo and Sainz this year are basically racing the season with teams that want them to do well but aren't going to share any new technology information with them.

If you like historical stuff check out these links:

The Shell History of Motor Racing:

That will take you up to the middle of the century, (if you watch all the parts), Then check this out for the next quarter century:
Amazon.com: Watch The Racing Years | Prime Video

Here's an example: The Racing Years - 1960 - video dailymotion

This series covers the same period but with a more personal view from a wealthy man who spent much of his time going around to major European races with an excellent home movie camera:
Amazon.com: A Gentleman's Motor Racing Diary Vol.1 3DVD Set [DVD]: A Gentleman's Motor Racing Diary: Movies & TV

Again, an example: 1957 Monaco Grand Prix

Anyone check out Vettel's new haircut? Most bizarre choice by a rich person since Mark Davis.

So I’m watching “Rush” for the first time on Netflix. What in the hell is that 6 wheeler?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom