F1 2021 Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

F1 2021 Season

That is absolutely insane

That was another question I had: In a normal/non championship deciding race, is it normal for lead lap cars to pass non lead lap cars while the safety car is out? I missed the end of the race, but when I heard about what happened I remembered thinking "How do they not know if he should have been able to pass the lapped cars or not"

I haven't picked a team/driver yet to follow yet, but need to get on that.

I laughed out loud here haha
I don't know about every instance with unlapping cars. I think 'it depends.' I think my primary objection in this particular situation was that it sounded like a decision was made one way, and then it was reversed, and Horner had a chance to get his argument in, but Wolff didn't? Or, just the fact that there was an opportunity or reason for the team principals to interject at all. Rules should be rules. Solidified. But, there's too much BS in interpretation in F1. Teams and Drivers don't even agree on who 'owns' a corner, or whether they're allowed to punt an opponent off the track. And sometimes they're allowed to do it on some corners of some tracks, or only on the opening lap, and sometimes you have to give back a position and sometimes you don't, and no one knows what 'giving back a position' means, because drivers can decide to do it where it's most advantageous for them... So much BS. I love the sport, but for a sport with the most intelligent players/designers/constructors/technology, there's just a lot of dumbness. And it's dangerous to be dumb at 200mph.

Yes, do pick a team/driver. That really is pretty critical toward getting max enjoyment and interest out of it. I remember very specifically, i watched all of the second half of the '95 season, and then going into 96 i was like, "I'm going to choose a team, because if i don't, i just won't have much involvement." It's like hockey for me. I like hockey. But, i've never really cared about any particular team, so at this point, i basically only watch playoffs and Olympic stuff. With F1 in 96, it was down to Ferrari and McLaren for me. I always loved Ferrari road cars, but didn't want to choose them because it was like choosing the Yankees. Marquis name. Too easy. So, i looked at the cars themselves, didn't love Red, but liked the McLaren silver. Then, the drivers. They had Mika Hakkinen, who was... an interesting fellow. He's much more affable now, but back then, he was kind of awkwardly robotic. I thought it was charming, though. And David Coulthard, who one of the commentators called "a gentleman driver." That appealed to me. So, it was McLaren for me.

I stuck with them, and was really thrilled they developed and brought up Hamilton. And then when Hamilton moved to Mercedes, i just followed, and having just bought a Merc myself, as well, it was beshert.

I really like Lando Norris now. I just remember him cracking a small joke at some point, and it was like, "that's my kind of dude." He's funny. He and Daniel Ricciardo and Hamilton are the personalities i think i'd vibe with the most.

It's going to be really interesting how things play out next year. Hamilton will have really stiff competition just from within the team, and i fear those two guys will split points so much that Verstappen will walk away with a championship. That's assuming the new rules and tech aren't mastered and dominated by Mercedes by such distance that it's like Hamilton/Rosberg vs the field.

The reason Hamilton didn't pit was almost entirely based on there being a much higher than 0 chance that the race was going to finish behind the safety car. I've been a Max fan since he was at Toro Rosso but Lewis was put in an absolute no win situation there.

Sounds like they should have closed the pits until they figured out if they were going to go green or not

Sounds like they should have closed the pits until they figured out if they were going to go green or not
I don't think anyone knew it was going back green until there were 2 laps left.

Adapting to F1 coming from being a Nascar fan takes a while. I went from 90% Nascar fan, 10% F1 to the opposite over the last 7 or 8 years. Saturday morning quali sessions are something I go to bed early on Friday night and set an alarm for. It's just so much better.

It's happening! First 2022 car has dropped! In true HAAS fasion though it's kind of a let down, it was virtual and it's almost the same exact livery from last year, Russian flag with wheels. Pumped for the Alpha Tauri drop as they usually kill it with the livery. Also can't wait for the Alpine drop since with the BWT sponsership this year it'll be interesting to see how they work in some pink.

And season 4 Drive to Survice planned release for around March 9- 11

haas.jpg

Race Director Masi is no longer the Race Director after the investigation.

“Masi botched the finish of the title decider between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton last year. The race was settled by a one-lap sprint, which saw Verstappen pass Hamilton to win the title after the safety car restart rules were incorrectly applied by Masi.

Masi created that last-lap showdown when he only let a certain amount of lapped cars overtake Hamilton, moving Verstappen right up behind him on brand new tyres, before restarting the race one lap before the regulations said he was supposed to in that situation.”

It took a few years, but I finally got the lady hooked on Drive to Survive. Burning through season one as we speak!
Season 2 is even better. Keep going—

Season 2 is even better. Keep going—
Oh I’m caught up through season 3 lol I think this is my third time going through season 1. She was never interested so I’d watch it on flights or while I was away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom