Fab Melo...unreal | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo...unreal

From the Boston Globe today.

Run-in for Melo

Fab Melo was recalled from Maine of the Development League, but it was to get treatment for a concussion he received when he ran into a hotel door. Melo missed the Red Claws’ Dec. 31 win over Springfield and is questionable for Friday’s game with Erie.

Melo said he still feels concussion symptoms and is unsure when he can return.

“I still have a little headache sometimes. I can only focus on things for a certain time,” he said.

Melo, a first-round pick from Syracuse, has been making headlines, blocking 23 shots over a two-game period, including a league-record 14 Dec. 22 against Erie. In 12 games, the 7-footer is averaging 10.9 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 3.8 blocks.

“The one thing that I do is block shots, to be able to do that in big numbers both games made me feel good,” he said. “I just want to keep that going.

“Games like that I feel like I can stop anything. A lot of my blocks are against my defender, so it’s timing and position. I’m more comfortable playing right now. I’m getting the speed of the game. My confidence is there.”

With the Celtics struggling mightily with interior defense, there has been talk Melo could be an asset off the bench. But the organization wants to keep him in the D-League so he can to continue to gain experience.

Run-in for Melo

Fab Melo was recalled from Maine of the Development League, but it was to get treatment for a concussion he received when he ran into a hotel door. Melo missed the Red Claws’ Dec. 31 win over Springfield and is questionable for Friday’s game with Erie.

“I still have a little headache sometimes. I can only focus on things for a certain time,” he said.

Melo, a first-round pick from Syracuse, has been making headlines, blocking 23 shots over a two-game period, including a league-record 14 Dec. 22 against Erie. In 12 games, the 7-footer is averaging 10.9 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 3.8 blocks.

“The one thing that I do is block shots, to be able to do that in big numbers both games made me feel good,” he said. “I just want to keep that going.

“Games like that I feel like I can stop anything. A lot of my blocks are against my defender, so it’s timing and position. I’m more comfortable playing right now. I’m getting the speed of the game. My confidence is there.”

With the Celtics struggling mightily with interior defense, there has been talk Melo could be an asset off the bench. But the organization wants to keep him in the D-League so he can to continue to gain experience.

And?

The story is a bit misleading, he hit his head on the door frame, he didn't exactly run into a door. How would that even be possible anyway?

Fab's career may be over. I can't see him passing the concussion tests even after he recovers.
I couldn't see him passing it before concussion.

Run-in for Melo

If I were the Celts, I would not count this as a sympton as you could argue that this is/was a pre-existing condition, based on his academic issues from last year!!

Not only does he have run-ins with cars now doors as well?

"I can only focus on things for a certain time...where I used to just be able to focus on nothing all the time"

I have no idea why I'm participating in this thread, because his act of letting down the team last year leaves him in the "shunned" and/or "dead to me" categories of program alumni. But reading about his latest move, I just had to go back and see this, and then share it with my pals here at syracusefan.com:

Who knows what other footage may be out there?

I have no idea why I'm participating in this thread, because his act of letting down the team last year leaves him in the "shunned" and/or "dead to me" categories of program alumni. But reading about his latest move, I just had to go back and see this, and then share it with my pals here at syracusefan.com:

Who knows what other footage may be out there?

Don't you have to graduate to be an alumni?

You're not shocked that he "ran" into the door?
Not in the least. In fact, my only surprise is that it hasn't happened before now.