Fab on the trade block | Syracusefan.com

Fab on the trade block

This is weird. What is the point of trading Fab at this stage in his career? I presume he was drafted as a project...someone they felt could be a legitimate NBA center in 2-3 years. At this point, he can't really offer you anything, so it seems like trading him now would be selling low.

Maybe they know something we don't?

This is weird. What is the point of trading Fab at this stage in his career? I presume he was drafted as a project...someone they felt could be a legitimate NBA center in 2-3 years. At this point, he can't really offer you anything, so it seems like trading him now would be selling low.

or figured out what we already knew?

I think they thought his fencing skills were more developed. Turns out he can't tell his epee from his peepee.

Joe Kaiser at ESPN.com writes:

The Boston Celtics reportedly are willing to trade one of their two first-round picks from 2012, Fab Melo, to acquire the player that they need.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports tweets: "In pursuit of guard help, the Celtics have made rookie center Fab Melo available in trade offers, league sources tell Y! Sports."

What remains a bit of a question is just how much trade value someone like Melo really has. The 22-year-old 7-footer has played in only three games with the Celtics this season, but as a sophomore at Syracuse last year he showed rapid improvement and became one of the nation's top shot-blockers. Any team that brings him on will probably be looking to shed salary while banking on Melo becoming a serviceable defensive-minded big man in this league.

Just speculating here, but one team that's out of contention with too many guards on its roster is Sacramento. Would the Kings be a trade partner for someone like Melo if it meant unloading either Aaron Brooks or Jimmer Fredette

Live in Boston and have seen a lot of Fab in pre-season... And his 3 appearences while short have made it apparently clear that he is a major project... He looks very out of place... Clumsy, no BB IQ, and a long shot to ever make it in the league... I'd dump him now if I was the Celtics... A bag of balls wouldn't necessarily be selling too low...

Let's see if the Celtics are able to move that goofy b*stard... It will be interesting...

Trade balance

Sooooooooooo...Neither KJo nor Fab was able to impress Doc?

I think they like KJo as a person... Gorman, Heinshein, and Donny Marshall (Celtics announcers)kept saying how nice a young man he was... BB wise didn't get much accomplished...

Fab is a bust... He won't be in the NBA in 2 years unless something changes, in my opinion... The Celtics desparately need big men and they are looking to deal him... That says it all right there...

I don't think Fab will ever be willing to put out the effort needed to make himself a decent player. It's a shame because I think he could at least make himself a serviceable backup for some team. But then again, he deserves to fail after helping us fail. :mad:

Am I just sensitive to it because I am an SU guy...but..why do we end up with so many: "devil may care" attitude type guys that come out of our program? We don't seem to breed the hard worker types...ever...outside of maybe Jason Hart.

Am I just sensitive to it because I am an SU guy...but..why do we end up with so many: "devil may care" attitude type guys that come out of our program? We don't seem to breed the hard worker types...ever...outside of maybe Jason Hart.

It's the zone. Makes you lazy. Tavern league lazy.

Melo, rautins, Wes...silly post...how do you know in particular how hard someone is working offhand

I don't think Fab will ever be willing to put out the effort needed to make himself a decent player. It's a shame because I think he could at least make himself a serviceable backup for some team. But then again, he deserves to fail after helping us fail. :mad:
Man I hope these are in jest...

Some Celtics fans thought Fab was the one dealt for Crawford; they were happy to find out it wasn't him. So it seems at least a few Boston fans think Melo might possibly be useful at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom