Fab Working out for the Celts | Syracusefan.com

Fab Working out for the Celts

I think he will really give Haslem and Turiaf a lot of problems down in the block. Lebron and Wade will have to beware of him at the rim as well..

I think Fab can end up being a steal in this draft.

He's gonna slide to late first round, maybe mid first, but he's got a ton of upside. Some of the moves he made this past season were incredibly rare for a big man.

Drafting him in the top 10 is not justifiable, but -if he dedicates himself- he can be a really nice pick up later in the first round.

I agree. 7 footers with game dont grow on trees. Fab will be a nice pickup for someone.

As a Heat fan I do not want to see him on the Celts. If hes not going to fall to the Heat at 26 or 27, I really hope he goes to a Western Conference team.

As a Celtics fan, I'm pretty psyched. Extra points to whoever can name the last Syracuse guy to play for the C's.

Otis Hill spent some time in their camp years ago, but looks like you are right Sherm is the last roster player from Cuse. As a celtics fan I think this could fit a big need for them in the future.

I would love to see Fab wearing Celtic Green.

too bad he couldn't manage to make the trip to boston for our game against the buckeyes. loser.

Fab will end up having a solid NBA career. He won't be great as a rookie but should flourish in small spurts as a back-up. Fab just needs time to mature and develop his skill set. He was incredibly raw when he arrived on the hill 2 years ago. I know the board is mixed on him but I will pull for him to succeed at the next level as I do for every former Syracuse player.

I would love to see Fab wearing Celtic Green.

Ditto, assuming Fab plays and stays aggressive. It'll take a little time for him to blossom in the NBA.

I get that it's cool for fans to play the jilted lover when it comes to Fabricio but he could have a positive lasting impact on the program if he has a good pro career.

Not a terrible thing to be able to say you made an ultra raw burger kid into an impact sophomore that was a 1st round pick with a 10 year career.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree with ottingrotto. At the end of his NBA career he could show to be a solid player that came out of the Cuse. Although I still have some anger towards his actions I remind myself that he is a kid and quite frankly I did much worse at his age.

Looks like he also worked out with the Bulls which could be a great fit, no real center, they had a rookie from Turkey that didn't do a ton, and Joakim Noah who IMO is better suited a the 4. Could be some room to make his way onto the court early. With the celtics he would have better veteran leadership assuming 1 or 2 of the big three give it one more year

Fab could get some serious minutes next year if he ends up with Boston. They are horrendous on defense at the rim without Garnett in the game.

too bad he couldn't manage to make the trip to boston for our game against the buckeyes. loser.
The other day I met an SU fan from south of Syracuse who blamed the university for not having anyone who spoke Portuguese for Melo:rolleyes: Whatever, as long as he remembers to send some of his NBA $$$ to atone for his sins against the Orange Nation for a national championship opportunity deprived.

Melo doesn't sniff the NBA without the tutelidge of JB and Bernie. He should send back some fundage...

No one coaches bigs like SU.

Otis Hill spent some time in their camp years ago, but looks like you are right Sherm is the last roster player from Cuse. As a celtics fan I think this could fit a big need for them in the future.
Yep, his cousin also worked out for the Celtics that year. For the win, who is said cousin?

I agree with ottingrotto. At the end of his NBA career he could show to be a solid player that came out of the Cuse. Although I still have some anger towards his actions I remind myself that he is a kid and quite frankly I did much worse at his age.

Looks like he also worked out with the Bulls which could be a great fit, no real center, they had a rookie from Turkey that didn't do a ton, and Joakim Noah who IMO is better suited a the 4. Could be some room to make his way onto the court early. With the celtics he would have better veteran leadership assuming 1 or 2 of the big three give it one more year

That Turkish center is really good and the Bulls love him. Center is not the problem there, PF is.

Im so bored tonight that Im actually watching my first NBA game in several years. In watching the Celtics, I could see Fab actually fitting in really well with them. I've got to believe he could out-play Steimsma and provide a lot more value. 10-15 minutes off the bench for defense is Fab's calling until he improves his offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom