Fantastic fun huge crowd! | Syracusefan.com

Fantastic fun huge crowd!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Well, guys, we had 27, 800 and it was filled to the rafters. The crowd was very into the game, particularly in the second half, and hardly anyone left until the end. The roars when Cooney finally hit were almost embarrassing (boy, are we desperate for him to give us some offense!). I actually am a little hoarse.

It was a time to really enjoy being an SU fan, except for the dark thought that was lurking in the back of everyone's minds, a la Seinfeld:

SOUTHERLAND!

Well, guys, we had 27, 800 and it was filled to the rafters. The crowd was very into the game, particularly in the second half, and hardly anyone left until the end. The roars when Cooney finally hit were almost embarrassing (boy, are we desperate for him to give us some offense!). I actually am a little hoarse.

It was a time to really enjoy being an SU fan, except for the dark thought that was lurking in the back of everyone's minds, a la Seinfeld:

SOUTHERLAND!
rivals-seinfeld-and-newman.jpeg

What a nice surprise, huh? (Season average jumped by over 700 with today's crowd.) A lot more fun today.

Still pretty discouraging to see the Sour Sitrus kids sitting there with nothing to do while horrible music blasts over the speakers.

Stayed for woman's game...band actually gets to play

I'd really like to have done that today - had another engagement and absolutely couldn't stick around.

Don't enjoy women's hoops very much, but it'd be nice to support the team. Hopefully they do this double-header thing again.

Your post inspired me to look at the results of the women's game. They totally HAMMERED Georgetown.
Hooooooooooray women! I am actually going to go to a game next month. A friend talked me into it.

Cusetroop, that was quite the first game for your dad! It was really a vibrant atmosphere. I had just been whining about the crowd yesterday. I feel content. Even though . . . . . (you know)

They do something called "You be the DJ" where fans text their choice of one of three songs to be played during a time out in the second half. There needs to be a fourth option to allow the band to play for the entire timeout. Bet it would win most of the time.

Hooooooooooray women! I am actually going to go to a game next month. A friend talked me into it.

Cusetroop, that was quite the first game for your dad! It was really a vibrant atmosphere. I had just been whining about the crowd yesterday. I feel content. Even though . . . . . (you know)

I'm glad it was as good as you guys say. It wasent on TV up here, and I was worried about the students not being there. He loved it, and is officially hooked. Already asking me about the next game I can get him to.

Big ups to Jurrie for the tickets, and Ottomets for the parking. My dads called me three times today to tell me how awesome everything was. Means a lot guys.

Depends...if you count the cleaning crew as part of the attendance, maybe 700. One of the players thanked the crowd after the game for coming out to cheer the team to victory. I thought that was nice. The sad part was that she did not need to use the PA system.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Depends...if you count the cleaning crew as part of the attendance, maybe 700. One of the players thanked the crowd after the game for coming out to cheer the team to victory. I thought that was nice. The sad part was that she did not need to use the PA system.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Thanks Obie, you are a solid poster and need to contribute more.

Saturday we are at UConn, they made a mess of the then #1 Stanford Cardinal on the coast. . There's UConn, UND and then everyone else. Stewart didn't play against Marquette, it will be interesting to see if she's fit to play against her hometown team.

Those games are much more enjoyable from the perspective of a fan. The amateurs are not around ruining the game with blaring commercials, bad old recorded songs and 'trendy and hip' PA announcements.

It is very refreshing to see how enjoyable a real college gameday atmosphere can be.

I love the SSS. Lady Gaga, not so much.

Those games are much more enjoyable from the perspective of a fan. The amateurs are not around ruining the game with blaring commercials, bad old recorded songs and 'trendy and hip' PA announcements.

It is very refreshing to see how enjoyable a real college gameday atmosphere can be.

I love the SSS. Lady Gaga, not so much.

If that's the case, Tom, I ought to stick around.

Darn shame what the athletic department has done to the Dome atmosphere in the past ten years.