Fast forward one year | Syracusefan.com

Fast forward one year

heresjohnny88

2nd String
And we're all talking about 18 14 and 5 blocks from Nerlens to get us to the title game.

And we're all talking about 18 14 and 5 blocks from Nerlens to get us to the title game.

Hopefully. Or, he could fill Davis's empty spot and do the same, if he does so. I hope you're right, but as long as I've been a fan, I still think it's too early to declare us the champion of next year...with or without Noel. I could see preseason favorites as a definite possibility though! I'm not sure how a KY championship might effect his decision.

Hopefully. Or, he could fill Davis's empty spot and do the same, if he does so. I hope you're right, but as long as I've been a fan, I still think it's too early to declare us the champion of next year...with or without Noel. I could see preseason favorites as a definite possibility though!

I like to think glass half full and believe we will get Nerlens and thus win another championship

I like to think glass half full and believe we will get Nerlens and thus win another championship

I'm hoping you're right, trust me. I thought we had a chance to win it all this year, even without Fab.

I'm hoping you're right, trust me. I thought we had a chance to win it all this year, even without Fab.

This kid is more talented and more upside. And he will not cause any trouble

This kid is more talented and more upside. And he will not cause any trouble
And you know this how?

I guarantee that if he commits anywhere else you'll be accusing him of grabbing the money and being a kid without morals.

And you know this how?

I guarantee that if he commits anywhere else you'll be accusing him of grabbing the money and being a kid without morals.

Lets see what happens, I have a feeling we will end up with him

I'm still of the belief that Nerlens going to Kentucky will be influenced by whether or not Teague declares or not.

If he has the bb IQ I believe that he has, he has to know how important a playmaker is to the success of any big man. MCW is a known quantity as is Teague. But if Teague leaves for the NBA, who will be the playmaker for the Wildcats?

Cheers,
Neil

Honest question, because I haven't seen Noel play beyond highlight clips: how unrefined is his offensive game? And how is he as a rebounder?

Would be pretty cool to have a better rebounding team next year, with players like Rak / Coleman...and possibly Noel leading the way.

I'm just not sure what type of offensive impact a guy like Noel would have, if he is totally raw offensively. Has anyone seen him play?

Honest question, because I haven't seen Noel play beyond highlight clips: how unrefined is his offensive game? And how is he as a rebounder?

Would be pretty cool to have a better rebounding team next year, with players like Rak / Coleman...and possibly Noel leading the way.

I'm just not sure what type of offensive impact a guy like Noel would have, if he is totally raw offensively. Has anyone seen him play?
I watched him play against brewster academy which has some legit D1 bigs (mitch mcgary and Jakaar Simpson) and I thought his Offensive game was pretty good. Good footwork, real solid on pick and rolls and put backs, Also was able to put the ball on the deck and attack the rim better than i had expected. Also a nice array of jump hooks and baby hooks. I bet he can go for 10-12 points a game next year.

And neil, Kentucky has Ryan Harrow (NC State transfer) waiting behind teague if teague bolts. Harrow may be a better true PG.

I watched him play against brewster academy which has some legit D1 bigs (mitch mcgary and Jakaar Simpson) and I thought his Offensive game was pretty good. Good footwork, real solid on pick and rolls and put backs, Also was able to put the ball on the deck and attack the rim better than i had expected. Also a nice array of jump hooks and baby hooks. I bet he can go for 10-12 points a game next year.

And neil, Kentucky has Ryan Harrow (NC State transfer) waiting behind teague if teague bolts. Harrow may be a better true PG.

Thanks--appreciate the first hand perspective, edowd! Way better than some Scout hype article.

Interesting. I've never seen him play, but I feel like I've mostly heard he's sort of limited offensively on this board. Thanks for the info.

Interesting. I've never seen him play, but I feel like I've mostly heard he's sort of limited offensively on this board. Thanks for the info.
i believe that was the consensus prior to this season. But he had i believe 25 against brewster when it was broadcast on ESPN. I was surprised, but his offense (that day) looked nearly as good as his defense which is probably not often the case. He has some ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom