Favorite Lot to Tailgate | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Lot to Tailgate

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
Plenty of lots up on the hill. Do you have a favorite for your tailgate?

Manley South was great, sidewalks to set up on and bathrooms and the ability to walk on nice days to the dome in 15 min. Lots of fun in the 90s when we were good.. not as good now with less partying going on.

Other than dealing with the shuttle Skytop might have the best environment and amenities fir tailgating. Real bathrooms, lots of space and some great groups including lots of players families.

I personally love Skytop. The shuttle is the one downfall but I feel it's the best tailgating experience when you compare it to other schools

The North Manley crew was voted most handsome tailgate in 2019 for what its worth.
What I heard...

RGL690W

But your tailgate lot doesn't have Tim Robbins showing up in September and October

I personally love Skytop. The shuttle is the one downfall but I feel it's the best tailgating experience when you compare it to other schools
What issues do you have with the shuttle? Just curious. Is it something specific with the shuttle, or just the mere fact that you have to take a shuttle to get to the dome?

if you like to go to the dome late before a game starts the shuttle often gets you there late.. on big games where SU plays well the shuttle can often be 30-60 min wait going back.. One reason Manley was better was the line either way was never as bad and you always had the walk option. The shuttle though did allow for some mingling with fans and often with players families

What issues do you have with the shuttle? Just curious. Is it something specific with the shuttle, or just the mere fact that you have to take a shuttle to get to the dome?

The latter. No issues with the shuttle itself, but it would be nice if that lot were more in walking distance to the Dome.

if you want to buy a season parking pass the only lot not in walking distance is skytop. The school would probably like if it was too so they could remove the buses from the equation.. lots of money sunk into that endeavor.

on the other hand its 2 miles, really not that bad a walk for football and I think back to walks from lots at LSU and WV and even maryland over the yrs and not much different.

if you want to buy a season parking pass the only lot not in walking distance is skytop. The school would probably like if it was too so they could remove the buses from the equation.. lots of money sunk into that endeavor.

on the other hand its 2 miles, really not that bad a walk for football and I think back to walks from lots at LSU and WV and even maryland over the yrs and not much different.

I remember Clemson being a little bit of a walk as well. My family has had access to a lot right at ESF so we've been fortunate (my father is pushing his 70s and my grandmother turned 94 and has been going to games for a long long time).

Obviously I love Skytop. The only problem with the shuttle is when it rains and you have to wait outside in the rain both on campus and in the lots. My wife had some complaints about that set up. Especially after WMU a few years ago. We barely won the game and now we have to wait in the rain. Plus with the games being so long because of our passing offense it can feel like a drag at the end to have to get on a bus. That said...

I lived on South as a student and it is a trip down memory lane every time I go to a game. It really is not that bad of a ride. I am also a Syracuse crazy person so I get pumped when I am on a CENTRO Bus. I rode it all the time when I was a student even into the city. I love everything about being in Syracuse. It was when I discovered who I am as a person. Plus people in Syracuse are so nice. I have great conversations on the ride.

The optimism on the bus at the start of the season and the shared feeling that we are all in it together is fun for me as well. Everyone in Orange on our way to our campus. I usually say let's go orange on the bus... I just think it is awesome. I am probably that guy to some. I can't help it. I get energized by it. Probably some of us here can relate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom