Favorite Super Nintendo games | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Super Nintendo games

CuseCPT

All Conference
The NES thread was fun, lets get another old school video game one going.

5. Riddick Bowe Boxing - Making bizarre looking, inappropriately named boxers and beating the hell out of each other with them is great entertainment when you are 14. Who am I kidding? It's still awesome.
4. Street Fighter II: Turbo - I was nasty with Sagat, the muay thai dude. Ryu caused much controller spiking, and, if I'm being honest, a few tears.
3. Zelda: A Link to the Past - this game is my favorite of the Zelda series. Visually gorgeous, great gameplay, and great story. This and FF VII would be a tossup for my favorite RPG of all time.
2. NHL 94 - played this for hours upon hours with my neighbors growing up. Favorite activities were breaking the crowd meter and checking the f&*# out of Wayne Gretzky. Swingers fans(the movie you sickos) will note you could not make him bleed in the SNES version.
1. Super Punchout - I loved this game when I was younger, but when I found my SNES during college it became an obsession in my house for a while. This was back before youtube showed you how to beat stuff. We figured out ways to knockout some of the fighters in under 10 seconds. I think I beat Piston Hurricane in 7.87.

always an interesting case study watching my friends and family play blackthorne. only a matter of time before most started wasting a few innocent captives just for sport. and of course prince of persia. had to be tricky quick with both your brain and your digits as you solved the ever more difficult levels.

563525_4625_front.jpg