Favorite Team | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Team

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
This may already be my favorite team, at least since the championship team. They have already evolved to this point of the season and the ceiling is very high. This is going to be an exciting year and if Roc, G and Cooney continue to play at a high level and Roberson continues to improve and McCullough and Joseph start playing with more consistency, this becomes one scary team come March. I can't wait.

This may already be my favorite team, at least since the championship team. They have already evolved to this point of the season and the ceiling is very high. This is going to be an exciting year and if Roc, G and Cooney continue to play at a high level and Roberson continues to improve and McCullough and Joseph start playing with more consistency, this becomes one scary team come March. I can't wait.
I like your enthusiasm and optimism. I'm with you as far as the fact that this team has considerable talent which IF CULTIVATED could present us with a team which could be very dangerous SHOULD they make the tournament in March.

There are some things which are unlikely to happen between now and March along with some things that absolutely won't happen between now and March. CM will not put on the 20 lbs. he needs so he isn't pushed around the way he has been. It's unlikely that Kaleb Joseph will be come totally reliable as our point guard. It could happen... but I think it would be more realistic to see that as something which happens on a much longer timeline, like "next year".

Still, as you point out there have been things which we've seen lately that are certainly encouraging. Cooney's 3 point shot has returned and he continues to expand his game by putting the ball on the floor and driving to the basket. Gbinije has also emerged as a reliable force and as a scorer who can also knock down some 3 point shots. And I'd be remiss if I were to not acknowledge the fact that Tyler Roberson is providing us with some valuable minutes and showing signs of assimilating the feel for college level basketball. And while Kaleb Joseph has had numerous What plays and turnovers, recently he has shown flashes of great play and promise.

Those positive things coupled with the fact that we will be able to essentially ease into ACC play prior to going up against the conference heavy weights provides one with the ability to visualize a steadily improving team that could perhaps be on the trajectory of a surprising season given the early on pronouncement by some as being the worst team in over a decade... or perhaps even two.

I will say the for myself the team has provided me with much to be upbeat about and they are certainly capable of playing much better than they have early on. There are some things that I've seen that have been very entertaining, exciting... and well, flat out promising. Count me among those who think it will be a memorable season for all the right reasons.

LGO~!!!!!

Still hitting the Xmas egg-nog pretty hard?

2011-2012 team was my favorite. Not one weak spot on the roster.

I like your enthusiasm and optimism. I'm with you as far as the fact that this team has considerable talent which IF CULTIVATED could present us with a team which could be very dangerous SHOULD they make the tournament in March.

There are some things which are unlikely to happen between now and March along with some things that absolutely won't happen between now and March. CM will not put on the 20 lbs. he needs so he isn't pushed around the way he has been. It's unlikely that Kaleb Joseph will be come totally reliable as our point guard. It could happen... but I think it would be more realistic to see that as something which happens on a much longer timeline, like "next year".

Still, as you point out there have been things which we've seen lately that are certainly encouraging. Cooney's 3 point shot has returned and he continues to expand his game by putting the ball on the floor and driving to the basket. Gbinije has also emerged as a reliable force and as a scorer who can also knock down some 3 point shots. And I'd be remiss if I were to not acknowledge the fact that Tyler Roberson is providing us with some valuable minutes and showing signs of assimilating the feel for college level basketball. And while Kaleb Joseph has had numerous What plays and turnovers, recently he has shown flashes of great play and promise.

Those positive things coupled with the fact that we will be able to essentially ease into ACC play prior to going up against the conference heavy weights provides one with the ability to visualize a steadily improving team that could perhaps be on the trajectory of a surprising season given the early on pronouncement by some as being the worst team in over a decade... or perhaps even two.

I will say the for myself the team has provided me with much to be upbeat about and they are certainly capable of playing much better than they have early on. There are some things that I've seen that have been very entertaining, exciting... and well, flat out promising. Count me among those who think it will be a memorable season for all the right reasons.

LGO~!!!!!
I am not saying Joseph has to become great right now. But, he can become consistently good. It is all about the team finding their roles and each player making positive contributions. I don't know about anyone else, but that is what I see happening. A talented team finding out how to play with each other.

I am liking this team a lot lately (even with the meltdown vs Nova), especially since (a) we starting hitting some 3s, (b) G is playing like a star and (b) Kaleb learned how to play basketball.

But yeah no team without Warrick or Andy could ever be my favorite team.