Favortie TV Episodes: The Fugitive "Not With a Whimper" | Syracusefan.com

Favortie TV Episodes: The Fugitive "Not With a Whimper"

SWC75

Bored Historian
THE FUGITIVE 1/4/66 “Not With a Whimper”

I first encountered The Fugitive on A& E in the early 90’s. This was an episode I remembered vividly years later. It almost reminded me of “Goldfinger”, which was the biggest James Bond movie of the time. An old mentor of Kimble’s is now a crusader against pollution, (which obviously was already becoming an issue at this date). He himself is dying and Kimble comes to see him. There’s a similarity to the premiere episode of the second season, “Man in a Chariot” in that the old man, (a lawyer in that case) is strongly on Kimble’s side but his loyal aide, (here played by Audrey Christie) , feels he is a threat to her boss and would just as soon see him leave- by any means.

The suspenseful ending comes when the old man, (Lawrence Naismith), has a bomb delivered to the polluting factory only to find that a class of schoolchildren will be touring the place at the time. Naismith is wheel-chair ridden so he sends Kimble to retrieve the bomb. Christie calls the police. Kimble is confronted not by Oddjob but by a rebellious kid who has grabbed the package and insisted that it belongs to him. Kimble has to get the package away from the kid without detonating the bomb, defuse it, and somehow escape from the police who have surrounded the building. It’s the most exciting episode of “The Fugitive”.

IMDB: "The Fugitive" Not with a Whimper (TV Episode 1966) - IMDb

You-Tube:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom