FB Coverage | Syracusefan.com

FB Coverage

Cuse4Life

Walk On
I know we are only 3 days in and the media only gets limited opportunity to watch and observe the team but the coverage has been awful.

Honestly, who cares that Tim Green's Son is on the team and going to be the 6th QB on the roster and will be redshirted. I care about this years team and guys that will make contributions to the 2013 team and help us get back to bowl eligible.

How about updates on Ron Thompson (I could care less about his # change), does he look explosive? Does he look promising? Daoust have anything to say about him? Do we have legit depth on Dline or are we going to struggle? Anyone a pure pass rusher? Anyone got maul guys at the point of attack?

Does any freshman look the part? How does AAM look (in shape, Fat? Jacked?)

Anyone else feel this way?

Bump!!! I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about that today - what would I write if I were the reporter. 1st I'd give some legitimate recruiting coverage. I'd really cover - the formations used, the QBs competition, how the foot work looked, the zip on short, medium and long throws as well as accuracy. How gmii looked relative to ptg and smith. I'd comment on broylds ability to catch and run. How th WRs looked relative to each other. How the Juco lbs fit in.

For the line its really though to make comments on ability without scrimmaging.

I think in general it's tough to make big comments on ability without live play - making reads. Going against another d1 athlete

I agree its tough to make big comments about the ability without hitting and pads on but I would just like some pertinent information. Not Coach Shafer wearing a Blue Visor w a block Orange S, a blue vest jacket with a block orange S, Khaki Shorts, White nike socks and White shoes with jolt color. I mean if they are going to do this they might as well tell us that they are using Fox40 whistles and Nikefuel bands.

I just believe its not hard to be like... so and so looks like an absolute manchild, "built like DC3" So and so looks fat and out of shape, cant catch a cold.

The problem really is that for years we have had awful writing for years that doesnt allow any fans to get closer to the product...How about they do an interview with all the new coaches so we can actually get to know them and their coaching styles!

I'm looking for all kinds of report from fan fest. Step up guys I am not able to attend.

so people want all the information that that perhaps is not being shown.. the media is only being given a small amount of access. no coaches are talking so who knows how much interviewing they are being allowed to do.. HC is not even giving interviews after every practice. Im not sure that as a coach I would be wanting to tell teams that we cant create a pass rush or who our only decent rusher might be if there is no real solid film for teams to use against us.

did you even watch the PC. coach was asked about the FR and the only ones he seemed to have even seen is the QBs and he liked both. we are 3 days into drills and you are asking questions of stuff that wont be known until we have real scrimmages..

there may be agreed restrictions in exchange for access.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I know we are only 3 days in and the media only gets limited opportunity to watch and observe the team but the coverage has been awful.

Honestly, who cares that Tim Green's Son is on the team and going to be the 6th QB on the roster and will be redshirted. I care about this years team and guys that will make contributions to the 2013 team and help us get back to bowl eligible.

How about updates on Ron Thompson (I could care less about his # change), does he look explosive? Does he look promising? Daoust have anything to say about him? Do we have legit depth on Dline or are we going to struggle? Anyone a pure pass rusher? Anyone got maul guys at the point of attack?

Does any freshman look the part? How does AAM look (in shape, Fat? Jacked?)

Anyone else feel this way?

I read a piece on Thompson - was it the Daily Orange?

So, far I can't complain about the coverage. Sorry. It seems fine to me.

I'd like to hear how awesome we are as well but I think the PS is doing the best with what they have in terms of access.

The complaints about coverage only remind me that Orange football fans will not tolerate a lull in complaints. Gotta have 'em.

I think that Donnie Webb and Dave Rahme are doing a heckuva job at the P-S. :oops:

there may be agreed restrictions in exchange for access.
I don't know if I'd trust any of the PS bloggers with such access.

Dave & Donnie, sure. Nolan, probably. But other than the adults I'd be very careful.

I don't know if I'd trust any of the PS bloggers with such access.

Dave & Donnie, sure. Nolan, probably. But other than the adults I'd be very careful.

I could care less what is written at this point. I want wins. If not telling us and opponents anything helps us win, then don't tell us a damn thing.

They know fans want info, coaches aren't giving it, players aren't giving it, and they can't see much before getting kicked out. So they write filler pieces in a futile attempt to satisfy the fanbase. I realize everyone's excited but they aren't even in full pads yet. Give it till Friday before we start asking too many questions shall we?

Dave Rahme, #Cusenation turn its lonely eyes to you.

13194910-mmmain.jpg

The current writers don't have history of being around the team, and they are given so little practice time to cover. There's not much they can do.

If Rahme was still around, given all the insider access he had the past 4 years, he'd obviously have observations that would be more interesting. They may not all end up correct, but just a bigger knowledge base to write from.

Given all of that, I think the coverage is fine so far. Come 8/31, we're not going to care or remember anyway.

what the hell can they say when they get a 1/2 hour to watch at the end-and its only day friggin3-

and hey lets let all the cats out of the bag to start camp so ped state will have a better idea what to expect

even the kids dont know What is going on yet-

what the hell can they say when they get a 1/2 hour to watch at the end-
A half hour is plenty of time to get material for an article if they have a plan going in. Pick a particular player and/or unit and focus on them entirely for that days report. With, I believe, two "reporters" on hand, there's two areas that you could cover - have one follow an offensive group and the other a defensive group or a particular coach. Say who stood out in whatever drills you were able to see, etc. You could throw in filler about how the player/unit did last year, comings and goings at the position, etc. They could mention things that are being practiced differently than last season and either directly or indirectly allude to how they support potential changes in the schemes that will be used this year, using appropriate restraint to not print things that will give away strategies the coaches would prefer to be hidden and limit future access.

I get the impression that they just showed up for the first practice, ran/looked all around (are the reporters confined to an area or can they walk about?), and went with the George R.R. Martin Game of Thrones style wardrobe descriptions after realizing they didn't see anything/know what to look for. Later articles seem to be taking the approach I mention above, so there's some hope. At least we know that there will be good reports after tomorrow's practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom