Fedora Flipping Off the UNC Media | Syracusefan.com

Fedora Flipping Off the UNC Media

Entropic

All Conference
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, I apologize if they have. Fedora blatantly flipped off the camera at the beginning of his post game interview. One of the classic scratch your face with your middle finger moves. Seems like a mature guy.

fedora.JPG

They outcoached us for most of the game. Their game plan knowing we would stack the run and given their QB issues was terrific. That little screen went for 8 or 9 on 1st down 90% of the time. Their bad defense also game planned well for Dungey. Some bad decisions at the end for them,thank God,but totally off base on this thread about their coaching otherwise.

I guess but the timing of them. They would gash or big boy us with their athletes just playing straight ball then call some stupid trickery. It robbed them of the momentum they had going.

You love this narrative. Like UNC was a 4 touchdown winner if they didnt try that flanker screen. It's false.

They outcoached us for most of the game. Their game plan knowing we would stack the run and given their QB issues was terrific. That little screen went for 8 or 9 on 1st down 90% of the time. Their bad defense also game planned well for Dungey. Some bad decisions at the end for them,thank God,but totally off base on this thread about their coaching otherwise.

Their D isn’t bad. #53 in S&P+ going in.

They created problems with their jet sweeps and routes vs the zone for sure.

They are snakebit, but it might not matter for Fedora

You love this narrative. Like UNC was a 4 touchdown winner if they didnt try that flanker screen. It's false.

It disrupted the momentum obviously and were head scratching calls. That’s not debatable. Personally, I feel like it could’ve been a rout if they just had been doing what they were doing without those dumb calls and if Dungey stayed in the game.

I guess but the timing of them. They would gash or big boy us with their athletes just playing straight ball then call some stupid trickery. It robbed them of the momentum they had going.

I don't know. I think you are overplaying this narrative a lot. We have been dominant at times with our d-line. Our speed has shown up several times this year. This we should have been and have been big boyed and yet we have two losses. One against the most "big boys" second to maybe Alabama via Clemson and a last minute loss. Then an OT loss to a Pitt team that has an annual knack for showing up and winning a game or two they shouldn't.

I think you are seeing the negative here and missing the positive. We have speed but inexperience at WR. We also have a 6-5 weapon at wideout many others do not. We have a d-line with 3 NFL ( 2 at least) NFL talents that has been menacing most games ( UNC schemed protection well). We have talent at DB that includes skills and speed. We have two QBs who can gash you different ways.

On the flip side we have seen that other teams do have talent too. WMU is 6-2 now. FSU has started to figure it out and we whipped both of them minus a quarter. We looked like a high major vs an FCS vs UConn as we should. Clemson , Pitt and UNC have some great athletes and studs just like we do and thus they show up on tape. That's not however a talking point of us being talent deficient unless you have a pre disposed bias before you even watched.

Last night I watched the game after reading comments similar on the board about UNCs talent. About how they used too many gadget plays. Well I would say really only 1 gadget play could be considered stupid and that was the WR throw which, honestly was a TD if he gets it there. Otherwise their misdirection made sense and worked a decent amount of times. Our talent showed up too. Like any matchup we aren't Alabama nor are they with talent and elite athletes Everywhere. Fedora could have done better but we weren't some sisters of the poor disaster who should have lost by 40. We missed on a couple plays that could have been points as well.

I will just add that I think we all suffer from just flat out sucking more than not that it's hard to not have a negative angle. At 27-20 yesterday while I was out house hunting ( painful as there are two tickets and a great time missed because of a realtor changing up the day of showings with 2 days warning) I was just basically thinking we were toast. This being while getting updates on Twitter and gamecast because watchespn had the blackout in my area do couldn't watch while out and about. I hated that dreaded we are screwed feeling but so many times we are let down more than not it's hard not to feel that way.

Unc hasn’t really had a problem moving the ball or playing defense it’s been turnovers that have killed them this year. I think Miami scored 21 points from their defense against them aa an example

However the UNC coaches did us a solid when they continued to throw the ball with a lead in the 4th Q. It was mind boggling stupid for them not to run and chew clock. It was mentioned in the game day thread they were helping to keep us in the game by not running it.

I don't know. I think you are overplaying this narrative a lot. We have been dominant at times with our d-line. Our speed has shown up several times this year. This we should have been and have been big boyed and yet we have two losses. One against the most "big boys" second to maybe Alabama via Clemson and a last minute loss. Then an OT loss to a Pitt team that has an annual knack for showing up and winning a game or two they shouldn't.

I think you are seeing the negative here and missing the positive. We have speed but inexperience at WR. We also have a 6-5 weapon at wideout many others do not. We have a d-line with 3 NFL ( 2 at least) NFL talents that has been menacing most games ( UNC schemed protection well). We have talent at DB that includes skills and speed. We have two QBs who can gash you different ways.

On the flip side we have seen that other teams do have talent too. WMU is 6-2 now. FSU has started to figure it out and we whipped both of them minus a quarter. We looked like a high major vs an FCS vs UConn as we should. Clemson , Pitt and UNC have some great athletes and studs just like we do and thus they show up on tape. That's not however a talking point of us being talent deficient unless you have a pre disposed bias before you even watched.

Last night I watched the game after reading comments similar on the board about UNCs talent. About how they used too many gadget plays. Well I would say really only 1 gadget play could be considered stupid and that was the WR throw which, honestly was a TD if he gets it there. Otherwise their misdirection made sense and worked a decent amount of times. Our talent showed up too. Like any matchup we aren't Alabama nor are they with talent and elite athletes Everywhere. Fedora could have done better but we weren't some sisters of the poor disaster who should have lost by 40. We missed on a couple plays that could have been points as well.

Some good points here. Custis is a good target for straight line stuff and jump balls but he doesn’t show much wiggle or YAC ability, IMO. I like the young guys for sure. I still think Tommy’s ball placement is excellent because,contrary to some beliefs, our WR were not wide open and running free all game.

I also think them missing two starting corners and a starting LB is a major factor many have overlooked. My initial point was that every game is going to be close. Teams like UNC have a lot of talent. Making mistakes and sticking with Dungey wouldn’t have cut it and probably won’t cut it moving forward. This was a huge win.

Some good points here. Custis is a good target for straight line stuff and jump balls but he doesn’t show much wiggle or YAC ability, IMO. I like the young guys for sure. I still think Tommy’s ball placement is excellent because,contrary to some beliefs, our WR were not wide open and running free all game.

I also think them missing two starting corners and a starting LB is a major factor many have overlooked. My initial point was that every game is going to be close. Teams like UNC have a lot of talent. Making mistakes and sticking with Dungey wouldn’t have cut it and probably won’t cut it moving forward. This was a huge win.

Good post. One small observation...the WR were not "wide" open, but they often had a step. The big difference was that TD was putting the ball on them, for the most part, in stride.

Completely agree on accuracy. I think that the points made by Tomcat on the press coverage is really key and that we should be able to use that to see which quarterback we come at them with. A confident Devito puts the defense on the ropes and unable to react quite as quickly unless they are gifted something. Similarly Dungey is a nightmare if they back off. I am bummed about Hendrix being hurt and that we don't get to see Queeley. Nykiem a Custis and Harris have been coming along well with Riley being an occasional lightning rod as well.

I do think receivers fail to get open at times but Dungey misses a lot when they do all the same. Eric is a weapon, but maybe more of a weapon you use when the time is right more than all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom