FHCDM-bashing | Syracusefan.com

FHCDM-bashing

JoeSU

All American
Let me state up-front that I am as pissed as everyone for the way he left town and took the staff with him. But what I have been wondering is just how much say Marrone has in the Bills draft selections? I suspect this varies from team to team, but I would expect someone like Belichick has a lot more influence than some rookie HC like Marrone. My understanding is that Ozzie Newsome has the final say for the Ravens, and it seems with the constantly-changing draft board and last minute trades with the clock ticking down, these decisions can't be made by committee (GM, HC, team owner). Does anyone know the situation in Buffalo - is Nix making the final call? Is it possible Marrone wanted to pick Nassib in an earlier round and was over-ruled? Again, I'm not attempting to defend Marrone, I just wonder how the process works.

This may be grassy knoll conspiracy theory stuff, but I was told several years ago by a former Bills player that the ownership just dislikes SU... Thought that was over when the Bills basically took the whole Syracuse coaching staff...
But, maybe that was just to try to cripple SU's recovering program?
Certainly may be a theory with weight considering lack of Orange players on Bills rosters historically...

This may be grassy knoll conspiracy theory stuff, but I was told several years ago by a former Bills player that the ownership just dislikes SU... Thought that was over when the Bills basically took the whole Syracuse coaching staff...
But, maybe that was just to try to cripple SU's recovering program?
Certainly may be a theory with weight considering lack of Orange players on Bills rosters historically...

The Bills dislike Syracuse University? A story like that's GOT to be true.

Let me state up-front that I am as pissed as everyone for the way he left town and took the staff with him. But what I have been wondering is just how much say Marrone has in the Bills draft selections? I suspect this varies from team to team, but I would expect someone like Belichick has a lot more influence than some rookie HC like Marrone. My understanding is that Ozzie Newsome has the final say for the Ravens, and it seems with the constantly-changing draft board and last minute trades with the clock ticking down, these decisions can't be made by committee (GM, HC, team owner). Does anyone know the situation in Buffalo - is Nix making the final call? Is it possible Marrone wanted to pick Nassib in an earlier round and was over-ruled? Again, I'm not attempting to defend Marrone, I just wonder how the process works.

Don't count me in the group of people pissed at DM leaving or how he left or whatever. I honestly don't get it and find it embarrassing. He took a better job and brought the guys he thinks can help him be successful. And he said SU was a dream job b/c that's stuff coaches do. They don't rile up the crowd with things like, "I'd rather be in teh NFL or at USC but for now let's win at the CUSE!!!"

And he said SU was a dream job b/c that's stuff coaches do. They don't rile up the crowd with things like, "I'd rather be in teh NFL or at USC but for now let's win at the CUSE!!!"

Exactly, I interviewed for a job the other day and while I viewed it as a stepping stone job I certainly didn't say that when I was asked how long I saw myself working there!

i get him leaving for Buffalo (even though he has just as good of a chance of being out of a job in 3 years compared to being at a place he could have spent the rest of his career , but to each his own) i get him not taking Nassib mid first round (but also don't get EJ Manuel, but again to each his own), but to think he didn't have any opinion on whether to take Shamarko ahead of the other safety is a bit of a stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom