FI | Syracusefan.com

FI

PoppyHart

All American
(From this week's SI article on "Spacers")

Steve Kerr, one of the first guys to make a living as a playoff shotmaker, had a unique solution for this. Before games, he would write FI on the toes of his shoes to remind himself that the first time he caught the ball he should think not about the situation, or the pressure, or however many shots he missed the last game. All he should think is "-- it" and let fly. (Kerr has become an unwitting inspiration of sorts after this anecdote was featured in a book. Now a TV analyst, he worked a college game last fall, and Syracuse assistant Gerry McNamara came up to him, excited, and pointed to the shoes of three of the team's players, where, in Sharpie, FI was scrawled. "So apparently my legacy," says Kerr, with a smile, "is for writing profanity on my clothing.")

Any guesses on who the 3 are? Southerland, Cooney and Fair perhaps?

since Gmac works with the guards I'm going to say Cooney, MCW and Triche

(From this week's SI article on "Spacers")

Steve Kerr, one of the first guys to make a living as a playoff shotmaker, had a unique solution for this. Before games, he would write FI on the toes of his shoes to remind himself that the first time he caught the ball he should think not about the situation, or the pressure, or however many shots he missed the last game. All he should think is "-- it" and let fly. (Kerr has become an unwitting inspiration of sorts after this anecdote was featured in a book. Now a TV analyst, he worked a college game last fall, and Syracuse assistant Gerry McNamara came up to him, excited, and pointed to the shoes of three of the team's players, where, in Sharpie, FI was scrawled. "So apparently my legacy," says Kerr, with a smile, "is for writing profanity on my clothing.")

Any guesses on who the 3 are? Southerland, Cooney and Fair perhaps?

They should burn those shoes and the Sharpie.