Field Position, Penalties and Turnovers | Syracusefan.com

Field Position, Penalties and Turnovers

OrangePA

Living Legend
Those are the three things that Marrone cited as the reason for our record.

He's right.

First thing we do - get a punter and a KO guy. We cannot continue to give teams great field position off kicks.

I believe that with maturity and continued recruiting the other two problems will reslove themselves.

I was very upset at this loss, because the game should have been won.

But I was pleased with the hitting, and the resilience. And I'm very optimistic about next year.

things can work themselves out, but you are right -- we need to find a guy who can kick the ball DEEP

Honestly the 2 helmet to helmet calls looked sketchy yo me...the 3 in a row false starts were definitely telling

I'd also add "clock management" to Marrone's list of off-season to-dos.

I'd also add "clock management" to Marrone's list of off-season to-dos.

If he hasn't added it to his to-do list the past 2 seasons not sure it's going to make it now.

If he hasn't added it to his to-do list the past 2 seasons not sure it's going to make it now.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but did anyone cover the awful time out in the last two minutes of the first half today?

Those are the three things that Marrone cited as the reason for our record.

He's right.

First thing we do - get a punter and a KO guy. We cannot continue to give teams great field position off kicks.

I believe that with maturity and continued recruiting the other two problems will reslove themselves.

I was very upset at this loss, because the game should have been won.

But I was pleased with the hitting, and the resilience. And I'm very optimistic about next year.

We have a KO guy. Go back to before Krautman was hurt. Where did his KO's go? I believe most were between the 4-8. Now go watch our KOR guys. How many did Kobena and Graham watch go into the end zone? Not many at all. With the new KO spot, it is very tough to find anyone that will put it into the end zone. As to the punting, I think we might be OK there too. Remember, this kid is a true frosh. What we do need is an adequate backup at KO because an injured kid shouldn't have to play.

We have a KO guy. Go back to before Krautman was hurt. Where did his KO's go? I believe most were between the 4-8. Now go watch our KOR guys. How many did Kobena and Graham watch go into the end zone? Not many at all. With the new KO spot, it is very tough to find anyone that will put it into the end zone. As to the punting, I think we might be OK there too. Remember, this kid is a true frosh. What we do need is an adequate backup at KO because an injured kid shouldn't have to play.

I didn't see Krautman as an effective KO guy even before he was hurt.

I hope you're right, though.

I agree. We need to recruit players who excel at avoiding personal fouls.

How do you know which HS playera are good at avoiding personal fouls?

Personal fouls are in my opinion very subjective too much of the time. From where I was yesterday the foul on D. Davis was BS.

I look at those kinds of personal fouls as the product of youthful exuberance. That is not a real concern of mine.

we need a new coach

Of course.

That's always the answer.

Does Va Tech need a new coach after getting humiliated by a team Frank Beamer was supposed to clobber?

What about Texas? Should Mack Brown be fired for getting humiliated yesterday? Heck, he had a losing season last year and only went I think 7-5 this year - despite having more program money than any coach in the United States.

Or what about Bob Stoops of Oklahoma? With all of the resources available to him, he got murdered yesterday and was murdered earlier in the year by a very mediocre Texas Tech team. Should he be fired?

Just sayin.

Well there you have it! Just keep recruiting and getting older and everything will resolve itself!

No other programs recruit or age. So we have a tremendous advantage there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom