Final ACC Roster Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Final ACC Roster Rankings

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
1. Louisville-they have everything. I think they are far and away the best team in the conference. They have a Veteran PG in Snider. Elite athletes on the wing(King, Bowen, Adel) and tons of size inside(Mahmoud, Malik Williams). They will best the best defensive team in the country and are a clear National Championship Contender.

2. Duke-I'm not as high on Duke as many of the national columnists, but they still have a lot of talent in Allen, Duval, Bolden, Trent, Carter etc. they will be one of the best offensive teams in the country, but I suspect their defense will be their ultimate downfall.

3. UNC- I really hope they get a tourney ban, but they do have a lot of talent. This is a little bit of a different UNC team as their best big is Luke Maye. They will live and die on the perimeter with Johnson, Maye, Kenny Williams, Berry, Pinson and Seventh Woods.

4. Miami- I think they will have the best backcourt in the league. Newton, Lonnie Walker, and Bruce Brown will be difficult to handle. They are my dark horse pick to win the conference.

5. Notre Dame. They're always solid no matter who leaves. Colson and Farrell are still there and will be a good 1-2 combo. They also bring in top 50 wing DJ Harvey to replace Beachem.

6. VPI- they bring back Robinson, Bibbs, Chris Clarke, Ahmed Hill and add a stellar recruiting class which includes two top 70 guards.

7. Syracuse- I think we have potential to move up depending on how our forwards perform. I'm really scared about the 5 spot, but we won't be overmatched like I thought we would be a month ago.

8. UVA- they bring back two good young players in Jerome and Guy. Isaiah Wilkins is still there along with Salt and Diakate. Nigel Williams is a grad transfer from Rutgers. I view UVA like us. They could move up the list depending on if things come together.

9. Wake Forest- I like what Manning is doing. This is a program in the rise. Even though they lose Collins they still have Crawford and Mitiglou to go along with top recruit Chaundee Brown.

10. Georgia Tech- Okogie, Lammers and Jackson make a nice nucleus. I like their talent and defensive system, but they still lack outside shooting.

11. FSU- They lose a lot and don't have as near as much talent coming in outside of Mj Walker. They also have a top 70 7 footer coming in.

12. NC State- it's a rebuilding year for Kevin Keatts, but he's already landed Thomas Allen for next year and just landed 4 star pg Jamie Lewis for 2018. I think he was an excellent hire.

13. BC- This is the year they finally get out of the basement. Ky Bowman is solid as is Jerome Robinson. They won't be a pushover. Teams will need to play defense to beat them.

14 . Clemson. They lost Blossomgame and don't have anyone of note coming in. They are barely above Pitt.

15. Pitt- Does anyone know who's on their roster? I wouldn't be surprised if they finish with no ACC wins. I don't expect Stallings to be there next year.

Last edited:
good job 0307, tiny nit to pick...

GT - I think you mean T.Jackson to go along w Lammers/Okoge instead of Stephens, as he graduated.

Also I personally don't think, for example, NC or ND will be nearly as good as last year

good job 0307, tiny nit to pick...

GT - I think you mean T.Jackson to go along w Lammers/Okoge instead of Stephens, as he graduated.

Good catch! Thanks. Not going to copy your prior post, but I can understand that opinion. I guess I may be giving UNC the benefit of doubt because they won the title. They have a lot of perimeter players, but it'll be interesting to see them play without size. They will have to play like Duke.

and I guess I'd say I wouldn't be surprised to see Fla St and UVA (like you point out) finishing closer to the top than the bottom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom