Final Four hotel | Syracusefan.com

Final Four hotel

OburgCuse

Starter
I've been monitoring hotels for sometime now and came across a pretty good deal today. Pretty much everything downtown/quarter etc are running about $400-$500 per night and pretty much none of them have any type of cancellation policy available later than 2/28 or so and you'd be on hook whether we make it or not. Today I ran across a La Quinta Inn West Bank/Gretna for $164/night which I booked and looks pretty good.

It is about 3.5 miles from superdome just across river (obviously not perfectly ideal, but not too shabby). 3 star with decent reviews, but keys are that there is a free cancellation up until march 28th and also free parking for anybody that might be driving (most hotels charge $30-40/night for parking). I figured I would hold a room asap then explore other options as the time comes. The rooms are going fast so anybody interested here's the link

La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank/Gretna

Isn't that a really rough area though?
Gretna is a rough area, but there are alot of motels over there, and most of them are pretty safe. For the most part, New Orleans can be a rough area period.

Shockingly, it is nearly a mile to the nearest Denny's from that La Quinta. Poor planning.

Real optimist. Ever written a book about positive thinking?

Isn't that a really rough area though?

Now ya tell me...haha. Obviously nothing is in stone so will have to look into that a little bit if follow through with it.

I'm thinking of staying in Biloxi, MS and making the 90 minute commute back and forth to New Orleans. Cheaper to fly into Gulfport, MS as well.

Neither of the hotels mentioned in this thread have availability for a March 31-April 3 stay.