Final Poll (6/1/22) | Syracusefan.com

Final Poll (6/1/22)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
629780e2df145.jpg

The final Men's Division I Media Poll is out.

The champion Maryland is No. 1 — and a clear top team after a season for the ages culminating in an undefeated NCAA Championship in East Hartford, Conn.

Cornell, which was ranked No. 10 at the end of the regular season, is No. 2 after testing Maryland more than any team this season during the championship. Final Four teams Princeton and Rutgers follow.

Typically NCAA participants make up at least the top eight, but this year is different. After Virginia at No. 5, Notre Dame checks in at No. 6 in the final poll despite not being selected for the NCAA Tournament. Penn, Georgetown (which fell in the First Round), Yale, and Brown fill out the Top 10.

Delaware was unranked before the NCAA Tournament but is No. 11 in the final after its NCAA First Round win.

Check out the full Men's DI Media Poll here.

1. Maryland (19)
2. Cornell
3. Princeton
4. Rutgers
5. Virginia

I can't really see putting Notre Dame as high as #6.
ND beat nobody in front of them, and lost to Georgetown and OSU behind them. Their best win is #13 Duke.

I can't really see putting Notre Dame as high as #6.
ND beat nobody in front of them, and lost to Georgetown and OSU behind them. Their best win is #13 Duke.
Notre Dame was a bubble team that didn't make the cut. It happens. I would have preferred ND over Harvard, but i understand why the choice was made. Just curious to see how ND would have fared against Rutgers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom