Final Record Prediction | Syracusefan.com

Final Record Prediction

blue&orange

Scout Team
Now that we have a month of results to look at, what do you expect Syracuse’s final record will be?

FWIW one site had us at 15-16 but switched us to 17-14 after yesterday’s performance.

Just based on some basic stats, I've got 15-16. There's a lot of junk in the ACC this season and SU gets to play most of them twice. There's always an upset or two either way, I'm going to be optimistic and lean 16-15.

I had 19-12 in the Iggys, and would lower that to 17-14 now that we already have 4 losses. I think we will still have a winning record for a few reasons
-Enough 3 point shooters to steal 1-2 victories from a good team
-Several garbage teams in ACC (Fly Rodder's point)
-Guys like QG and Girard are capable of improving over course of year

Now that we have a month of results to look at, what do you expect Syracuse’s final record will be?

FWIW one site had us at 15-16 but switched us to 17-14 after yesterday’s performance.
18-15 after going 1-1 in the NIT, the streak endures.

According to this ( Syracuse Orange) we only have a 17% chance to make the tournament. However, getting 21 wins shoots it up to 54% and 22 is 84%, with 23 wins being a near lock to make it at 97%. So the question is, at 5-4, can we get to 22 wins? That means we go 17-5 the rest of the way...oof ! Well, our ACC schedule is fairly weak considering...

Must wins:
Oakland
North Florida
Niagara
ND (H)
VaTech (H)
BC (H)
Pittsburgh (H)
Wake (H)
GaTech (H)
BC (A)

Well look at that! We take care of all lower tier ACC teams at home, that gives us 10 wins, so we need to find 7 more

Need to play over .500
Georgetown (A)
VaTech (A)
ND (A)
Clemson (A)
NC State (H)
Pittsburgh (A)
Miami (A)

Obviously we’ll need road wins at some point, GTown being huge for OOC reasons. If we get 9 or 10 wins from the first group, we’ll be ok going 5-2 or 4-3 here. And really Miami and Clemson aren’t that good, but in this group because they’re on the road

The Big Boys
Virginia (A)
Duke (H)
FSU (A)
Louisville (A)
UNC (H)

2-3 would be great, but 1-4 seems neccessary.

KenPom has us finishing 17-14, so we need to most likely win an additional 5 games that we aren’t favored in. It’s really important that we sweep ND, GaTech and Pitt instead of splitting with them. We need to at least split with VaTech and split the Clemson/NC State games. Would the committee let us in with 23 wins if we’re 0-5 vs the ACC big boys? I think so...but we need to get at least 1 win from that group. The scary part is looking at the schedule, it’s very easy to find 5 more losses. Obviously if we win 20 games but win 2 from the big boy section we’re probably ok too, but at the MOST we can only afford to lose 7 more games, max.

16-15 is your optimism???
What a riot you must be at parties.
I'm being realistic based on the relative strength of teams on the remaining schedule, home/road splits, and being optimistic that SU wins a majority of the 50/50-ish games. Pessimistic would be a losing record.

But sure 20 wins, bet your house on it.

Bumping this for re-calibration.

My December prediction was based on them losing the tough away games, sweeping ND and VTech, and getting an upset or two along the way. They got one at UVA, but lost the two home games to Vtech and ND. UNC doesn't look like a tough win anymore, and while they'll most likely have Cole Anthony back, I don't think he makes them into a juggernaut. 20 wins is still a tough row to hoe, but definitely more doable.

I think they get to around 17 or 18 wins. Next 3 games should be interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom