Finally Louie & Bouie... | Syracusefan.com

Finally Louie & Bouie...

Syracuse Basketball ‏@Cuse_MBB
Louis Orr and Roosevelt Bouie -- "Louie and Bouie" back in the day -- will have their jerseys retired on February 21 in the Carrier Dome

B7-B3JZCYAApOx9.jpg

Jim Boeheim ‏@therealboeheim
Louis Orr and Roosevelt Bouie were our first two big recruits when I became head coach in 1976. Now their jerseys will hang in the Dome.
Excellent. They deserve it and I am glad they will still be around to receive the accolades when they are honored. I suspect it was delayed for a long time because Louie has been active coaching for many years.

Exciting news! Just put a star on my calendar for that one.

they blew the timing on this one. instead of the Feb 21 game vs Pitt, it should be the Feb 18 game vs Louisville. I know they would rather have the Saturday date, but Orr was Rick Pitino's recruit, and it would be nice to have him in the house when the jersey is lifted.

they blew the timing on this one. instead of the Feb 21 game vs Pitt, it should be the Feb 18 game vs Louisville. I know they would rather have the Saturday date, but Orr was Rick Pitino's recruit, and it would be nice to have him in the house when the jersey is lifted.

good call

I'm happy for them because they certainly deserve the honor, but it seems like an odd announcement given the one that we are all expecting.
lipstick for the pig?

does anyone think wallace is worthy?
Of course he is. Another one of Boeheim's most important recruits ever. My opinion the order of the next players should be:

Moten
Wallace
McNamara / Warrick together

Of course he is. Another one of Boeheim's most important recruits ever. My opinion the order of the next players should be:

Moten
Wallace
McNamara / Warrick together

I would probably drop Owens in there. He was a spectacular player. If he had played a 4th year and played the same 143 games as DC did over his career, Owens would have ended up as our all time leading scorer, #2 rebounder and #8 assist man - based on his 3 year averages.

Syracuse Basketball ‏@Cuse_MBB
Louis Orr and Roosevelt Bouie -- "Louie and Bouie" back in the day -- will have their jerseys retired on February 21 in the Carrier Dome

roosevelt-bouie-louie-dual-signed-autographed-photo-hand-signed-collectable.jpg

Classic photo, but the coach in me has always thought "That is terrible spacing on the fast break there fellas, and get the ball to a guard!"

Seriously, L&B introduced me to Orange hoops back in the day. I will shed a tear for them that day. All time great players who did nothing but win a ton of games, and outstanding men off the court their whole lives. Awesome news!

Jim Boeheim ‏@therealboeheim
Louis Orr and Roosevelt Bouie were our first two big recruits when I became head coach in 1976. Now their jerseys will hang in the Dome.

Poetic that they go in together.

I hope they are as happy as I am that that is the case. But would certainly understand if they each wanted their own day.

The next three to go in are easy:

Owens
Moten and
Wallace.

After that. I'd go for Stephen Thompson. Other than that, I think we wait quite awhile before we consider Warrick and McNamara.

stone567 said:
The next three to go in are easy: Owens Moten and Wallace. After that. I'd go for Stephen Thompson. Other than that, I think we wait quite awhile before we consider Warrick and McNamara.
Agreed next 3 are easy. Owens and Moten should be in JB era

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom