Fine Lot/SyraCRUZ tailgate needs you!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Fine Lot/SyraCRUZ tailgate needs you!!!!

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
The 2023 Fine Lot / SyraCruz tailgate is in need of additional help as we enter the 2023 tailgate season. As the tailgate continues to grow we Inevitably have turnover in our core group and need additional help in order to continue to offer the tailgate to the public versus returning it to a private affair. As a reminder this is an all volunteer group who puts on an amazing spread for every home game.

We are looking for the following:
1. Transporter - Would assist in transporting tailgate items to each home tailgate. This person or persons would ideally have a west lot parking pass. Items would not be cumbersome, likely plastic bins or tables.

2. Grill Assistant- We have unfortunately lost our head grill master and will be handing the position by committee this year. If your able to grill 1 or 2 games a season we can use your assistance.

3. Assistant Chefs - We are always looking for people who can assist in preparing a dish or two for 1 or 2 games. The dishes do not end to be complex and our head chef will work with you on amount and coordinating for that weeks tailgates

4. Cleanup in game Assistant- This person would assist with end of tailgate clean up and or assisting during the tailgate at the check in desk or with the 50/50 raffle.

If your able to assist with any of these positions please respond here or send me a private message. Again please remember that without assistance the tailgate will need to decrease its overall attendance numbers or no longer be open to the public. Thank you!

The 2023 Fine Lot / SyraCruz tailgate is in need of additional help as we enter the 2023 tailgate season. As the tailgate continues to grow we Inevitably have turnover in our core group and need additional help in order to continue to offer the tailgate to the public versus returning it to a private affair. As a reminder this is an all volunteer group who puts on an amazing spread for every home game.

1. Transporter - Would assist in transporting tailgate items to each home tailgate. This person or persons would ideally have a west lot parking pass. Items would not be cumbersome, likely plastic bins or tables.

2. Grill Assistant- We have unfortunately lost our head grill master and will be handing the position by committee this year. If your able to grill 1 or 2 games a season we can use your assistance.

3. Assistant Chefs - We are always looking for people who can assist in preparing a dish or two for 1 or 2 games. The dishes do not end to be complex and our head chef will work with you on amount and coordinating for that weeks tailgates

4. Cleanup in game Assistant- This person would assist with end of tailgate clean up and or assisting during the tailgate at the check in desk or with the 50/50 raffle.

If your able to assist with any of these positions please respond here or send me a private message. Again please remember that without assistance the tailgate will need to decrease its overall attendance numbers or no longer be open to the public. Thank you!
I will help. Guessing I will probabling end up grilling but I will help however I can.

I will help. Guessing I will probabling end up grilling but I will help however I can.

Thank you Tomcat!

Again we appreciate all who have joined us but without sufficient help the amount of people we allow to RSVP will be limited and we will unfortunately have to turn people away or revert back to a private tailgate. Thanks!

Same here. Happy to help. I have weak credentials in the culinary field. But I can certainly help with #4, and it would be an honor to assist TC (or Jer) as a sous chef!

Last edited:
There is a small group that orchestrates this world class event for 150+ fans every week. As the event has grown and, as mentioned, we have attrition in the ranks we are approaching critical mass. If a larger group can supplement the efforts of your Fine Mess regulars, even just for a game or two, it makes things much more manageable and enjoyable for everyone.

If I can assist some days with line item #1, I will, but it might be on a game by game basis? Also depends on what you'll need. I have a pickup, and can throw things in the back (that won't fly out LOL)

I can definitely help with grilling / assistant chef duties on week two vs WMU and probably Wake too. The rest will depend on game times.

Thanks Richmond, we can definitely use you for those two games in a grilling capacity, especially Wake. Are you planning on attending the Colgate game? Let's connect then, we can discuss potentially chef help or anything else you want to kick around.

I will be happy to grill, or do whatever else is needed. Expect to be at all the home games. Should be there a couple of hours early for all of them.

Except maybe BC. Working that day. Will be hard to get to the lot before 5:30 pm or so.

Thanks Richmond, we can definitely use you for those two games in a grilling capacity, especially Wake. Are you planning on attending the Colgate game? Let's connect then, we can discuss potentially chef help or anything else you want to kick around.
Perfect. Yes, will be at Colgate with kids. Will be at WMU with some college buddies who can help out too.

Ive been cheffing for 30+ years. Would be happy to help and also check out your famous spreads!

Sounds great. Will you be at Colgate? Want to get you in touch with our head chef.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom