First few minutes of 2nd half | Syracusefan.com

First few minutes of 2nd half

samspann1

Living Legend
against both Duke and UNC, we looked unprepared and generally out of sorts.

Did K and Roy make adjustments at the half that caught us off guard and which we couldn't answer? Just general carelessness and sloppiness? Malaise?

Just seems like the margin for error with this team is razor-thin.

Roy at halftime ... don't let Hughes get the ball off the curl. Get in his grill.
Hughes = no points in 2nd half.
Good job Roy.

Duke game, K put his pg at the foul line after the break. Nobody puts a 6 ft pg at the foul in the middle of the zone to catch and shoot. NOBODY. He had 3 straight baskets because it was so unexpected. And oh by the way, some where else people complain about paying to much attention to guys there!

you mean where we come out and miss wide open shots? we were down 3 under 7-8 to go with the ball multiple times, missed 4-5 Fts and several wide open jumpers. what we did to start the half didnt do anything to win or lose the game.

if NC shoots 80% and we shoot 70% from the line we win.

if NC shoots 80% and we shoot 70% from the line we win.[/QUOTE]

20141020-great-halloween-candies-peanut-butter-m%26ms.jpg

all candy and nuts...

A lot of teams are putting smaller players in the high post against us. They can shoot or pass the ball better. It’s happened a lot more this year.

Win or lose against Clemson, even the apologists will have to admit that this is a persistent issue.
We suck. Really just a horrendous team at this point. So frustrating to watch. We have some pieces, but none of them fit together consistently.

Win or lose against Clemson, even the apologists will have to admit that this is a persistent issue.

Our offense is easy to stop. Little halftime tweaks can shut us down completely.

We suck. Really just a horrendous team at this point. So frustrating to watch. We have some pieces, but none of them fit together consistently.

I don't think that this team is good at all, but the fact that in 4 of the last 5 games, we've had the lead at the half, and then gotten trounced in the 2nd half, points to something other than talent issue.

Just seems like the margin for error with this team is razor-thin.

Been that way for years now due to how we play. Slowing the game down and reducing possessions makes it so much harder when you aren’t efficient offensively or don’t shoot well. With limited athleticism, talent and overall skills, it’s tough to overcome the combined issues over the full season. That’s why we can win a game we shouldn’t here and there, and make the occasional run in the Tourney, but still lose 12-15 games a year.

31 games. 3 games after which I said "Wow. That was an impressive win." At Ohio State. At Duke. At home vs. Louisville. Games where I was totally disappointed -- UConn, ODU, Georgia Tech. Games where I was not surprised we lost but was surprised at the margin by which we lost -- NC State, VT, FSU, UVA, at Clemson. I have absolutely zero confidence that this SU team can win 2 games in the ACCT.

Other teams are making adjustments at halftime. We don't seem to be making any or adjusting to their adjustments. It's happened several times. It's not just an isolated occurrence.

Duke game, K put his pg at the foul line after the break. Nobody puts a 6 ft pg at the foul in the middle of the zone to catch and shoot. NOBODY. He had 3 straight baskets because it was so unexpected. And oh by the way, some where else people complain about paying to much attention to guys there!
LET THAT DUDE SHOOT ALL GAME

I’ll take my chances with a guard shooting foul line jumpers and scoring 40, 2 points at a time.

Other teams are making adjustments at halftime. We don't seem to be making any or adjusting to their adjustments. It's happened several times. It's not just an isolated occurrence.

Cuz we can't.

We can believe two things, either our crappy recruits aren't versatile enough to do more than one thing in a game or our HOF coach is getting out-coached consistently by scrub coaches.

Discuss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom