First Peak at our Projected Record and Metrics | Syracusefan.com

First Peak at our Projected Record and Metrics

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Some notes:
- This forecast is fro, RPI Forecast. It takes our current results, our current Sagarin ranking, and the ranking of our opponents to come up with our projected record and resume.
- While the RPI has not had value as an individual metric for some time it still drives SOS and determines the quality of your victories (top 25, top 50, top 100). Certainly counter intuitive but that is the way it is.
- While KP and BPI will have more value as metrics going forward, I have not seen anything that says that SOS and top 50 record for example will not be based on RPI. Perhaps they will use some average metric across all but for the time being I am assuming it is still based on RPI.
- Conference record and performance to date plays a large role in determing where we project to, and as of now the ACC is performing quite well.
- The model below predicts 20 wins. Don't shoot the messenger, I am just going to show where our resume would be with 20 wins.

upload_2017-12-3_1-33-37.png

The key takeaway so far is our Expected OOC SOS, which is currently projecting to a very strong #9. This is why with a 10-8 record in the ACC, we are getting a much better RPI this year than the last few years when we were around 19 wins. This could create some extra slack this year.

Obviously mix of wins / Bad losses could impact thing, but one thing is for certain we will not have a really bad RPI if we are on the bubble like prior years. We are probably in better shape at 19-12 this year entering the ACC tournament than say in 2016.

interesting - and that's factoring in one more loss in non-con - to g'town presumably

interesting - and that's factoring in one more loss in non-con - to g'town presumably
There are a few potential stumbles. We need to stay healthy and hungry. Hard to keep us out with that resume but it will probably come down to us getting off the schneid at the ACCT.

Kenpom has us going 19-12(similar) with potentially losing to Georgetown in DC. That’s games a tossup according to the metrics with them a 1 point favorite, but I’ll be disappointed if we lose. We will have faced better competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom