First play of the Drive | Syracusefan.com

First play of the Drive

FloridaFan

2020 Cali Award Winner, Aka FloridaHam
I went into the box score to look at the start of each drive. The breakdown is this: 10 of the 14 drives started with a run, of those 10 7 were started by Jordan and 3 by Pierre. Here are their breakdowns

Jordan; 0, 0, 2, 4, 3, 3, 2 (Last drive of the game) Average of 2 yards a run

Pierre; 3, 3 6(backups in second to last drive) average of 4 yards per run

Devito (Passing); 15, 14, 0, 0 average of 7.25

To me this is concerning cause its putting us at around 2nd and 8 2nd and 7 and using no time. I will watch the game again to see how many were inside runs but i believe them almost all to be an inside run. where is the variety in the first play call? teams are expecting it you can tell by the lineups.

I went into the box score to look at the start of each drive. The breakdown is this: 10 of the 14 drives started with a run, of those 10 7 were started by Jordan and 3 by Pierre. Here are their breakdowns

To me this is concerning cause its putting us at around 2nd and 8 2nd and 7 and using no time. I will watch the game again to see how many were inside runs but i believe them almost all to be an inside run. where is the variety in the first play call? teams are expecting it you can tell by the lineups.
Really, you dont have to do that to youself.

Really, you dont have to do that to youself.
its like self punishment for getting my hopes up. Something needs to change in the way we start drives up

Love your tenacity for numbers

Love your tenacity for numbers
Thanks. I don’t like going into discussions without data to back up my arguments. I don’t want to look like a fool complaining about first down runs when the data shows otherwise

This thread needs more attention.

We essentially give ourselves 2nd and long every drive.

It's insane. What's the purpose of these runs?
I dont have the numbers on hand but I counted at least 3-4 times that we ran the ball again for similar gain. And I don’t belive they were sucessful

It seems to me that part of the game plan was to attack what most thought(media folks at least) was the weakness of the NC defense which was supposedly their defensive line. Our coaches clearly and erroneously thought we could run up the middle and were hoping that Jawhar could slip some tackles but the kid had zero daylight.

I’m not saying I agree with this strategy but I’m thinking that’s what occurred.

It seems to me that part of the game plan was to attack what most thought(media folks at least) was the weakness of the NC defense which was supposedly their defensive line. Our coaches clearly and erroneously thought we could run up the middle and were hoping that Jawhar could slip some tackles but the kid had zero daylight.

I’m not saying I agree with this strategy but I’m thinking that’s what occurred.
I recall one run where there was daylight and Jordan bounced it outside one too many times and miraculously turned what seemed to be a guaranteed 8+ yard run into like 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom