FIU fired Cristobal to hire Ron Turner? | Syracusefan.com

FIU fired Cristobal to hire Ron Turner?

I heard things got a little ugly (think Hawaii) down there. They cleaned house for a reason.

Cristobal is not a bad coach. I think if he came to SU he'd win right away with what is here. But I don't see him having sustained success you'd want him to jump to a bigger job relatively early and get someone new in I think he has a short shelf life.

I'd go for Jeff Teford if picking fired coaches. Only guy who came close to beating Ohio State this year and that game was in Columbus. If Marrone leaves and you have to put a staff together from nothing Chris Ault from Nevada for Offensive Coordinator would be a solid move. But he only retired because Nevada had limited funds for FB and I think he wanted to pass it along to someone when the program was on top since its his baby. Wouldn't make him HC though.

I heard things got a little ugly (think Hawaii) down there. They cleaned house for a reason.

Cristobal is not a bad coach. I think if he came to SU he'd win right away with what is here. But I don't see him having sustained success you'd want him to jump to a bigger job relatively early and get someone new in I think he has a short shelf life.

I'd go for Jeff Teford if picking fired coaches. Only guy who came close to beating Ohio State this year and that game was in Columbus. If Marrone leaves and you have to put a staff together from nothing Chris Ault from Nevada for Offensive Coordinator would be a solid move. But he only retired because Nevada had limited funds for FB and I think he wanted to pass it along to someone when the program was on top since its his baby. Wouldn't make him HC though.

How about somebody from east of the Mississippi.

How about somebody from east of the Mississippi.

Ok,,. well I was referring to fired coaches. Tedford is the only one I like he's a great coach the rest suck. East coast ones means your picking between Christobal, Dooley or Skip Holtz since I wouldn't consider any of the following for even a second: Hope from Purdue, the So Miss coach, Joker Phillips, Spaziani, Tom Obrien or Gene Chizik.

How about John L Smith for ya? SMILE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom