Flagrant fouls | Syracusefan.com

Flagrant fouls

SBU72

All Conference
If after reviewing a foul to see if it is a flagrant foul, the refs see a) there really wasn't a foul b) the perpetrator was fouled first, c) the apparent foul was a result of a flagrant foul by the opposition (say the guy swings his arms down across a guys face AFTER being purposely elbowed in the stomach or hit in other delicate places, very hard) Can the refs make a change in the call?

not sure the refs can change add a call after reviewing the tape, even though they should be able to. But, at the very least, they should issue a formal warning to the player that threw the initial elbow and tell the coach he's on notice. Anymore hits like that and the player will be T'd up or thrown out.

I think they should be able to issue technicals for flops that initiate the necessity to stop a game and and view tape. I saw one the other night where the guy wasn't even hit but flew back like he had been hit in the chin. It was ruled a 'play on'. Should have been a yellow card. ;)

look at the opposite. Lydon is set and not moving and takes a hit and doesn't fall down. Looks like an obvious charge but he gets called for block.

I don't think they can take back a foul call. They can downgrade or upgrade between common and flagrant fouls, but I've never seen a called foul taken back.

I don't think they can take back a foul call. They can downgrade or upgrade between common and flagrant fouls, but I've never seen a called foul taken back.
this sounds correct. i also heard JB say last show that he thought the players should remain on the court during replays. no free TO.

this sounds correct. i also heard JB say last show that he thought the players should remain on the court during replays. no free TO.
Absolutely! Last night Kansas got a time out with out having one so the refs could check for a 3/2 point shot. Thought it was so wrong. Another is forcing a team to inbound the ball after a stoppage of play. Let the team just resume the dribble after the players stand in place while officials correct what ever caused the stoppage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom