Flippy wants to know why FHCDM passed on Shamarko | Syracusefan.com

Flippy wants to know why FHCDM passed on Shamarko

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
http://www.planetsteelers.com/forum...is-first-Steelers-draft-pick-to-sign?p=565695

Joe Everett of All Media NY has this evaluation of Thomas

11. SHAMARKO THOMAS - SS - PITTSBURGH STEELERS: Thomas is a freakish athlete that delivers the wow hits and has rare intangibles, including leadership qualities. He’s undersized but flies around the field making plays in the secondary and disrupting runs outside the tackle box. Thomas will have to wait a year with Troy Polamalu still hanging on at strong safety but with the injuries catching up to the All-Pro safety, it would not be surprising to see Thomas starting in year one.Pro Comparison: Bob Sanders

A) he knows Shamarko is one bad hit away from not playing

or

B) He knows the unfair spotlight that would be on Shamarko playing for his former coach thus passing on he and Nassib.

or

B) He knows the unfair spotlight that would be on Shamarko playing for his former coach thus passing on he and Nassib.

I would agree with both points here ^^.

I do not follow the Bills, so I do not know if a Safety was even something they needed to address in the draft.

I would agree with both points here ^^.

I do not follow the Bills, so I do not know if a Safety was even something they needed to address in the draft.

Well they drafted one 5 picks before Shamarko went to PIT

I'm a Dougie Fresh hater, but even I don't blame him for passing on Marko. Dude is all heart. But he's one hit away from becoming a vegetable

I'm a Dougie Fresh hater, but even I don't blame him for passing on Marko. Dude is all heart. But he's one hit away from becoming a vegetable

Well he should know given that he let him go back in that game last season when he almost certainly had a concussion. I was absolutely shocked he went back in that game.

Could just be that he thought the guy he drafted was a better player...same as what happened with Nassib.

Could just be that he thought the guy he drafted was a better player...same as what happened with Nassib.
Or it could be that Marrone isn't the Buffalo Bills General Manager.

or

Ask me he was distancing himself from the program, especially being Western NY. The calculating personality of DM and all business approach should have been a clear sign for all of us that SU was a step towards what he really wanted, and that was the NFL. He did pick up Chibane, but he is a long shot to make the team. Time will tell, especially since we may not see Nassib on the field at all for years, but I bet EManuel is long gone before Nassib. Buffallo is not very patient, so I would suspect this pick may very well spell out how DM fares in Buffallo.

Don't fool yourself... every guy in the NFL is one hit away from having his career ended.

maybe the fifth comment from the top here should be deleted...it's in pretty poor taste though i am sure that was not the intent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom