Florida - Mizzou | Syracusefan.com

Florida - Mizzou

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Mizzou up 2, wit 3 minutes remainin.

Wow this would really help us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wit two close top 10 coming down to the wire back to back -- almost an NCAA tourney feel -- obviously less important.

How much shot clock did that joker have? Oh man bad shot

I haven't watched a lot of their games but it seems like Florida either wins by 30 or loses by 2. No in between.

Mizzou wins.

I think Florida is one seed quality -- but blown too many of their few opps to actually receive one.

Boy 2 wins this week would go a long way to getting us back into the1 seed discussion.

Boy 2 wins this week would go a long way to getting us back into the1 seed discussion.

Yeah I've been kind of silently holding out hope we can still get in the discussion for a 1. Indiana seems to be separating a little, they still have road trips to Minnestoa and Michigan, plus home games with Ohio State and Iowa, but they look to be pretty solid as a 1. Ditto Miami. (They're probably going to finish 4-1 at least). Lunardi's other 2 1's were Duke and Florida. We've talked a lot about Duke already. The rest of the Florida schedule is pretty easy, especially since @UK looks a little easier with Noel out, but now they've lost 4 games and aren't looking as unbeatable as they were a few weeks ago.

Getting a 1 seed would be nice, but if nothing else, a 2-0 week would solidify at least the #2 seed in the East. For now, at least.

Yeah I've been kind of silently holding out hope we can still get in the discussion for a 1. Indiana seems to be separating a little, they still have road trips to Minnestoa and Michigan, plus home games with Ohio State and Iowa, but they look to be pretty solid as a 1. Ditto Miami. (They're probably going to finish 4-1 at least). Lunardi's other 2 1's were Duke and Florida. We've talked a lot about Duke already. The rest of the Florida schedule is pretty easy, especially since @UK looks a little easier with Noel out, but now they've lost 4 games and aren't looking as unbeatable as they were a few weeks ago.

Getting a 1 seed would be nice, but if nothing else, a 2-0 week would solidify at least the #2 seed in the East. For now, at least.

Absolutely. Winning both games this week at least gets us back into the discussion for the 1 line and for the time being firmly puts us on the 2 line.

Absolutely. Winning both games this week at least gets us back into the discussion for the 1 line and for the time being firmly puts us on the 2 line.
I agree, but honestly I think SU's ideal situation is too get the 2 seed in the East region with Miami as the 1 seed. I would highly doubt Syracuse would have to wear the Orange jerseys before Atlanta if we won all our games.

I agree, but honestly I think SU's ideal situation is too get the 2 seed in the East region with Miami as the 1 seed. I would highly doubt Syracuse would have to wear the Orange jerseys before Atlanta if we won all our games.

I agree. Cant really go wrong wit ha 2 seed. I am just glad that teams that are in the mix for those last 1 seeds/2 seeds are losing games. We can really take a step forward with 2 wins this week.

I think if we played Miami on a neutral court we'd be a slight favorite/pick em

I think if we played Miami on a neutral court we'd be a slight favorite/pick em

I would say that is a pretty good guess. I would certainly like a shot at Miami and hope that we are the 2 seed in their region if they end up with a 1 seed.

Beat Prov and GT = top-5 again?

Here's how we can get a 1 seed: go 6-0 to close the season. We have games against teams ranked 10, 11 (x2) and 17.

I don't think we do it, however.

I would say that is a pretty good guess. I would certainly like a shot at Miami and hope that we are the 2 seed in their region if they end up with a 1 seed.

Be careful what you wish for. Miami is the real deal, with tools to give SU a tough time: multiple 3-pt shooters but also with height and size down low. Only DC would be able to push Reggie Johnson around, and DC doesn't play much. Miami has old and experienced players, so they aren't going to self-destruct, and Larranaga is a good, smart coach. Shane Larkin is is their MCW, but he plays the position better than Michael. Only edge Cuse would have going for them is MCW's rebounding dimension and the intimidation and novelty of the 2-3 Zone. Wouldn't you rather play Duke as a 1-seed?-VBOF

Be careful what you wish for. Miami is the real deal, with tools to give SU a tough time: multiple 3-pt shooters but also with height and size down low. Only DC would be able to push Reggie Johnson around, and DC doesn't play much. Miami has old and experienced players, so they aren't going to self-destruct, and Larranaga is a good, smart coach. Shane Larkin is is their MCW, but he plays the position better than Michael. Only edge Cuse would have going for them is MCW's rebounding dimension and the intimidation and novelty of the 2-3 Zone. Wouldn't you rather play Duke as a 1-seed?-VBOF
Miami is a good team, but honestly the ACC is down this year and they haven't faced many potholes during the regular season. Also, Miami has looked beatable away from Coral Gables @BC, @NCSU,@Clemson, @FSU. If Miami wins at Cameron Indoor again then I will be afraid, but they will lose that game. I think Miami definitely has a post stud in Johnson and Larkin is a good PG, but this team is the type of team that could lose in the 2nd round I just don't think if we were in Miami's region that we would see them in a regional final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom