Florida State hires a lawyer to look at fighting for Bobby Bowden’s win after UNC ruling | Syracusefan.com

Florida State hires a lawyer to look at fighting for Bobby Bowden’s win after UNC ruling

Alsacs

Living Legend
https://floridastate.riv@ls.com/news/after-ncaa-s-unc-decision-fsu-considering-push-for-bowden-s-wins

Replace the @ with a for the link above.

I wonder if Syracuse will do the same for Boeheim.

This whole thing makes me wonder why the NCAA does not hire intelligent people that can consider the impact of current decisions on past decisions and the need for consistency. The UNC case basically to me was an acknowledgement that the NCAA has no authority over the academic process. And the most confusing aspect of that is they were too ignorant to look beyond the specific fraud but how that fraud affected individual eligibility. UNC should have been looking at forfeiting wins in almost every sport the past 20 years. I'm sure many student athletes would still have been eligible with those classes taken off their transcript but all there would need to be is 1 ineligible player on a single team to make them forfeit any game that student athlete played in. I still say taking wins away is an ignorant punishment.