florida vs USC | Syracusefan.com

florida vs USC

edowd26

Hall of Fame
Gamecocks getting punched in the dink. Florida is a bit scary.

Said it last week, I'll say it again; Florida is the best team in America right now.

I still find it odd that Frank the Tank would leave Manhattan to go to South Carolina.

Maybe, but this game tonight is not confirmation of that. SC is a terrible, terrible team.
Has SU ever played a Big East team in the past 30 years that has put up under 40? I mean 36 pts?

I know I'm not an expert and all but just trying to figure out this whole Florida thing. Educate me, I know they played and beat badly a Mizzou team with a coach having some serious allegations against him the following day, they blew out Marquette and mighty FSU. Just trying to wrap my head around this Florida thing.

I know I don't follow much College hoops but just trying to figure out this whole Florida thing. Educate me, I know they played and beat badly a Mizzou team with a coach having some serious allegations against him the following day, they blew out Marquette and mighty FSU. Just trying to wrap my head around this Florida thing.

I would point to a few things:
1. They are ranked #1 in defense and #2 in offense according to KenPom. So they are not a one trick pony and can stay in games when one area is weak.
2. They are absolutely throttling teams. Only 2 games (albeit both losses) have been under 13 points! FSU, Mizzou, Marquette, Wisconsin, and MTSU may not be murderer's row, but the way they've done it is impressive.
3. They have strength at every position. 3 capable guards, 2 of which are seniors (Boynton/Rosario) and 1 junior. A stretch 4 in Murphy (6-10 and shoots 47% from 3). A solid MCD AA in Patrick Young at center.
4. Back to back final 8s, so perhaps there's some extra motivation to take the next step.
5. Donovan has a pretty decent track record.

I
I would point to a few things:
1. They are ranked #1 in defense and #2 in offense according to KenPom. So they are not a one trick pony and can stay in games when one area is weak.
2. They are absolutely throttling teams. Only 2 games (albeit both losses) have been under 13 points! FSU, Mizzou, Marquette, Wisconsin, and MTSU may not be murderer's row, but the way they've done it is impressive.
3. They have strength at every position. 3 capable guards, 2 of which are seniors (Boynton/Rosario) and 1 junior. A stretch 4 in Murphy (6-10 and shoots 47% from 3). A solid MCD AA in Patrick Young at center.
4. Back to back final 8s, so perhaps there's some extra motivation to take the next step.
5. Donovan has a pretty decent track record.
I'm in wait and see with them. Can't prove anything to me right now, Maybe UK gets them at home or ole Miss but I don't see it, nothing to measure them other than these formulas by Kenpom who had Wisconsin 1 like 2 years in a row.

I'm in wait and see with them. Can't prove anything to me right now, Maybe UK gets them at home or ole Miss but I don't see it, nothing to measure them other than these formulas by Kenpom who had Wisconsin 1 like 2 years in a row.

:eek:

blaspheemer!!

They are proving things to me. Evidence is there. Like Poppy said they have back to back E8. They seem really motivated aren't laying any duds. They have a good role player also in Yeguette and Michael Frazier is an underrated freshmen so they have a few decent bench guys also.

I still find it odd that Frank the Tank would leave Manhattan to go to South Carolina.
Manhattan is a college/army town in the middle of nowhere with wide ranging weather in the same day.

Manhattan is a college/army town in the middle of nowhere with wide ranging weather in the same day.

Yea but with a much bigger upside basketball wise

Martin was not very happy with the administration when he left IIRC. There was hints of that right before they played us in the tourney.

Florida and Michigan looking like the 2 best teams right now.
Florida would run them out of the gym, IMO. Have watched all their games online. Fast, deep, good from 2, good from 3, make FTs, nice balance, excellent defense on perimeter and inside (assuming u don't turn it over to them first), crazy athletic. They are waxing teams from the tip. Mich cannot do that.

Florida would run them out of the gym, IMO. Have watched all their games online. Fast, deep, good from 2, good from 3, make FTs, nice balance, excellent defense on perimeter and inside (assuming u don't turn it over to them first), crazy athletic. They are waxing teams from the tip. Mich cannot do that.
Beat them, probably. Run them out of the gym, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom