Flynn | Syracusefan.com

Flynn

orangejunkie

Starter
Flynn had a nice game last night, 25 minutes, 10 points, 5 assists, and NO turnovers. He just needs to get minutes. The starting point guard was injured, that's how he was probably able to get the minutes he got.

I really want to see him succeed, and like you I think he needs minutes, he will have his bad and good games, everyone does. Give him time.

Flynn had a nice game last night, 25 minutes, 10 points, 5 assists, and NO turnovers. He just needs to get minutes. The starting point guard was injured, that's how he was probably able to get the minutes he got.
Nolan Smith started in place of Felton who was excused due to his mom having some kind of heart surgery procedure, but you were right he did get some decent minutes and made the most of them.

I saw that, did you watch the game? I still believe in Jonny, I agree with what he said at his Portland press conference about how he's been in either a bad system or deep on the depth chart in Houston. I think he could have a shot to get time in Portland, it's not like Smith or Felton are tearing it up! We will see!

Nolan Smith started in place of Felton who was excused due to his mom having some kind of heart surgery procedure, but you were right he did get some decent minutes and made the most of them.
He out Played Nolan yesterday. Hopefully he can take his job!

Just curious...how many shots did he take?

Production has only been a part of the issue with JF. It's been decision making that has been the greater concern.

44cuse

They have great fans in Rip City. If he does well there, they will surely embrace him.

Production has only been a part of the issue with JF. It's been decision making that has been the greater concern.

44cuse
when was this decision making concern brought up? When he was playing for Kurt Rambis or in Houston? What I noticed was in his first year he did pretty well on a really bad team, had his hip surgery and lost his job to Luke Ridnour who has been very consistent since joining Minnesota. It seemed to me that Jonny was always pressing, trying to come in and make something happen because he felt the pressure to live up to the lottery pick that he was which maybe made the situation worse

I follow the SU guys in the NBA pretty closely so I generally try and catch/watch a bunch of their games every year. I also happen to really like the NBA so its cool to see some other teams.

No question at all the JF was a bad fit for what Rambis was trying to do. And in the few times it came up here, I defended JF all day long. Deservedly so. Would do the same today. But there was also a part of this that was on JF (25% ?). He would pound the ball and it would stall when it go to him or he would pretty consistently miss the open man. When he was taking shots (and not trying to push up tempo), he would often take the second or third best shot on the floor.

I really thought he was going to be the best recent SU pro (excluding Carmelo but including Hak)...although that is not hard to do...of all. He also has trouble defending. I'd like to see him in D'Antoni's system or a pure PnR offense.

Portland is def a good opportunity for him. Hopefully his hip is fully healed because he's a guy who obviously needs his quickness. I love JF and really hopes he makes it.

I love Wes too...but man is that turning out to be a bad scenario. It's not a good year for the Cuse guys in the NBA.

44cuse

I follow the SU guys in the NBA pretty closely so I generally try and catch/watch a bunch of their games every year. I also happen to really like the NBA so its cool to see some other teams.

No question at all the JF was a bad fit for what Rambis was trying to do. And in the few times it came up here, I defended JF all day long. Deservedly so. Would do the same today. But there was also a part of this that was on JF (25% ?). He would pound the ball and it would stall when it go to him or he would pretty consistently miss the open man. When he was taking shots (and not trying to push up tempo), he would often take the second or third best shot on the floor.

I really thought he was going to be the best recent SU pro (excluding Carmelo but including Hak)...although that is not hard to do...of all. He also has trouble defending. I'd like to see him in D'Antoni's system or a pure PnR offense.

Portland is def a good opportunity for him. Hopefully his hip is fully healed because he's a guy who obviously needs his quickness. I love JF and really hopes he makes it.

I love Wes too...but man is that turning out to be a bad scenario. It's not a good year for the Cuse guys in the NBA.

44cuse
Only one solution - the Knicks need to trade Lin for Flynn straight up and Fields for Wes straight up

Lin for Flynn (Flynn-sanity)
Fields for Wes
Novak for Donte
Harrellson for Hakim

Make it happen, Knicks

Minnesota is NBA purgatory much like Rutgers is for basketball. If you put Love on the Knicks, Celts or Lakers he'd be a God.

Were Jonny's hip problems related to when he got flattened by Griffin in the Sweet 16 or unrelated?

look at Lowery, I am confident Flynn will find a career in the NBA

Were Jonny's hip problems related to when he got flattened by Griffin in the Sweet 16 or unrelated?
he mentions he first injured it in college, then reinjured it in the NBA and that's when it got bad. Maybe the fact he was already hurt was another reason to go pro before he got seriously injured in college :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom