Folks...this is the important stuff | Syracusefan.com

Folks...this is the important stuff

I live in Ilion and grew up in Little Falls. Two years ago I lost my granddaughter to cancer. She was diagnosed with Rhabdoid tumors at 13 months old and fought as valiantly as possible for 8 months before she died. I will never forget the support our families had during that horrible time. No matter where it comes from or in what form it takes, the support is appreciated so much it is nearly impossible to put your appreciation into words.

After she passed we established a foundation to honor her battle and keep her memory alive. The simple goal of our foundation is to help families that find themselves in a similar situation. We are already discussing a donation to this family in order to help them with their extraordinary expenses.

The Mohawk Valley and all of Central New York should be proud of their charitable deeds. Our hearts have always been in the right place.

Orangeyes is right......"This is important."

I live in Ilion and grew up in Little Falls. Two years ago I lost my granddaughter to cancer. She was diagnosed with Rhabdoid tumors at 13 months old and fought as valiantly as possible for 8 months before she died. I will never forget the support our families had during that horrible time. No matter where it comes from or in what form it takes, the support is appreciated so much it is nearly impossible to put your appreciation into words.

After she passed we established a foundation to honor her battle and keep her memory alive. The simple goal of our foundation is to help families that find themselves in a similar situation. We are already discussing a donation to this family in order to help them with their extraordinary expenses.

The Mohawk Valley and all of Central New York should be proud of their charitable deeds. Our hearts have always been in the right place.

Orangeyes is right..."This is important."

Get your foundations' information on to these boards. This community (SyracuseFan) has always been incredibly generous and giving from what I've seen- and fortunately not from my experience. Going back to BocaDoug/FrankLagga's "GOALS" (Go Out And Live Successfully) organization to many other causes, this board community has been inspiring. A number of our denizens are natives or residents of the Mohawk Valley and some of them have been incredibly generous.

Thanks for sharing your story. As a father of three, it was very touching.