football with hoops | Syracusefan.com

football with hoops

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
I never thought i would say this as a life long college basketball fan, but the game has gotten far too physical. It is painful to watch. Scores in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Players tackling others for loose balls. Holding everywhere...etc.

I don't mind if Syracuse looses regular season games. It is part of being a fan. But what really has gotten me down lately is a complete downfall in the quality of hoops around the country.

For the most part (excluding games like @ Louisville) watching games has become less of a an activity to look forward to and more of a grind.

Am I alone in thinking this?

I'm not into this game at all, its just awful. This isn't basketball.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, yeah. its too physical. but you know what else? people cannot shoot anymore. teams dont know how to share the ball. the answer to physical play is move the ball quickly.and hit your open shots.

To hear idiots like Mike Patrick say during the game, "is that a foul in the Big East? I didn't see any blood," is an absolute MOCKERY of the game.

When you have a conference that's nationally branded with playing "thug-grind it out" ball, that's really screwed up.

Thank god we're going to the ACC next year.

Yeah, yeah. its too physical. but you know what else? people cannot shoot anymore. teams dont know how to share the ball. the answer to physical play is move the ball quickly.and hit your open shots.
And have the refs call a proper game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes the NBA calls the game to showcase the very best. The NCAA calls the game to muddle the very best into the mudd puddle with eevryone else.

Basketball should have very little todo with physiocality and everthing to do with movement, spacing, skill and exicution. ON BOTH ENDS!

Well this is why teams like Pitt tend to flame out early in the tourney, they don't get away with it as much.

Well this is why teams like Pitt tend to flame out early in the tourney, they don't get away with it as much.

PITT teh oposite of Futler. Pitt gets away with it all season then doesn't in the NCAA while Butler is consodered the underdog and gets away with it against any premier oponent especially ranked or in the NCAAT

I never thought i would say this as a life long college basketball fan, but the game has gotten far too physical. It is painful to watch. Scores in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Players tackling others for loose balls. Holding everywhere...etc.

I don't mind if Syracuse looses regular season games. It is part of being a fan. But what really has gotten me down lately is a complete downfall in the quality of hoops around the country.

For the most part (excluding games like @ Louisville) watching games has become less of a an activity to look forward to and more of a grind.

Am I alone in thinking this?

I feel exactly the same way. If we win, we dodged a bullet. But there's too little joy in this game. It's a mess - the refs are simultaneously too loose (letting so much crap go, ignoring clear flagrants) and too involved (jumping in with phantom held ball whistles, arbitrarily calling touches after ignoring contact for 30 minutes).

Shame on the leagues and the NCAA. They've ruined the best sport on Earth.

To hear idiots like Mike Patrick say during the game, "is that a foul in the Big East? I didn't see any blood," is an absolute MOCKERY of the game.

When you have a conference that's nationally branded with playing "thug-grind it out" ball, that's really screwed up.

Thank god we're going to the ACC next year.

Elmore always says that . He's such an apologist for the physical crap.

The funny thing is as basketball becomes more physical football becoms less physical.. and they have pads on... go figure

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2