For Anyone Who Could Use a Laugh | Syracusefan.com

For Anyone Who Could Use a Laugh

Col. Bleep

All American
Jim Boeheim generally underplays people and teams.
So, for example, a few years ago when he said transfer Wes Johnson could be really good...that was saying something.
People believed.
And Wes delivered.

Now...let's go back just 2 months for an article that now prompts the question: what happened?

Boeheim: 'Haven’t felt this good...since [2011-2012]'

(The brief Boeheim material comes after the Feinstein tweets).

I'm sure Townie has an answer.
Wait, I thought you always have the (clever and/or profound) answer - I mean, your posts clog up just about every single thread there is

Wait, I thought you always have the (clever and/or profound) answer - I mean, your posts clog up just about every single thread there is

Yes, because your post, especially the one I'm quoting, are not only classy, but informative and intelligent. Good job toolbox.

If he is to be believed, chalk it up to the team not playing up to it's potential yet.
yep, either hold out hope that the potential he saw (sees?) will eventually be realized - or, go with the theory that he for some reason was pulling a sort of reverse-psychology fake-out maneuver with his preseason comments

Yes, because your post, especially the one I'm quoting, are not only classy, but informative and intelligent. Good job toolbox.
No, I mean really, I think you should go ahead and fill up more threads with more of your inane we-suck-boeheim-sucks-lets-just-make-fun-of-things posts. come on, go for it!!

No, I mean really, I think you should go ahead and fill up more threads with more of your inane we-suck-boeheim-sucks-lets-just-make-fun-of-things posts. come on, go for it!!

Please find me one post where I even insinuated that Boeheim. Also find a irrational post. I don't like his half court offense, that's it. I don't like Gmacs recruiting. That's it. Even you've questioned his offense so get off your high horse.

You're the idiot that thinks because I actually get upset that we lose a key recruit over a guy who doesn't nor hasn't cut it at his position means I'm trashing him. I'm sorry that me saying your boyfriend can't play point guard hurts your feelings.

Just because you suffer from extreme SPS doesn't mean you have to ruin everyone's good time here.

So, for example, a few years ago when he said transfer Wes Johnson could be really good...that was saying something.
People believed.
And Wes delivered.

Now...let's go back just 2 months for an article that now prompts the question: what happened?

What the F is funny about that?

Nothing is funny and things certainly are not fun, but JB also told us Chukwu would be a world class shot blocker. I think coach needs new glasses.

Please find me one post where I even insinuated that Boeheim. Also find a irrational post. I don't like his half court offense, that's it. I don't like Gmacs recruiting. That's it. Even you've questioned his offense so get off your high horse.

You're the idiot that thinks because I actually get upset that we lose a key recruit over a guy who doesn't nor hasn't cut it at his position means I'm trashing him. I'm sorry that me saying your boyfriend can't play point guard hurts your feelings.

Just because you suffer from extreme SPS doesn't mean you have to ruin everyone's good time here.
not so much irrational as ad nauseam defeatist hyperbole in thread after thread - we get it, you think the team/program sucks... everyone obviously entitled to their opinions but geez it's in every thread I try to read... I'm as disgusted right now with the team's play as anyone (started a thread listing specifics in the wake of the SC game, in fact) - but I happen to think it's a rough early patch where a bunch of talented pieces are in the process of being put together - I don't buy this leap you and others are making where it's "see this proves the program is in shambles and has been for the past 5 years"... just gets extremely tiresome how a faction of people pounce with broad strokes when any bad stretches crop up

not so much irrational as ad nauseam defeatist hyperbole in thread after thread - we get it, you think the team/program sucks... everyone obviously entitled to their opinions but geez it's in every thread I try to read... I'm as disgusted right now with the team's play as anyone (started a thread listing specifics in the wake of the SC game, in fact) - but I happen to think it's a rough early patch where a bunch of talented pieces are in the process of being put together - I don't buy this leap you and others are making where it's "see this proves the program is in shambles and has been for the past 5 years"... just gets extremely tiresome how a faction of people pounce with broad strokes when any bad stretches crop up

Well that's the funny part of all of this, I've never once said the program is in shambles nor has been in the past 5 years.

Just stating simple facts of where we've gone wrong and giving my opinion on what is needed to fix it. I thought that's what we did here.

I'm sorry I'm not the type to give out handies every time a player makes a layup or Tweets out that they bleed Orange, to me that crap means nothing. The rah rahing of the pom poms means nothing. If we want to continue on the success that JB had during his time here then a lot of things need to change and either revert to what we used to do or evolve with the current game. We're not doing either and the results are showing that.

People believed.
And Wes delivered.

Definitely a head-scratcher as he is rarely so bullish on anything...

Despite their play in the early part of the season, after 40 years, I'm sticking with his story that this (will be) a really good team...

We'll see.

Lots of hoops still to be played...

Boeheim has long favored the present (seemingly unbeknownst to him) when making an extreme observation in the context of his entire career or life.

Well that's the funny part of all of this, I've never once said the program is in shambles nor has been in the past 5 years.

Just stating simple facts of where we've gone wrong and giving my opinion on what is needed to fix it. I thought that's what we did here.

I'm sorry I'm not the type to give out handies every time a player makes a layup or Tweets out that they bleed Orange, to me that crap means nothing. The rah rahing of the pom poms means nothing. If we want to continue on the success that JB had during his time here then a lot of things need to change and either revert to what we used to do or evolve with the current game. We're not doing either and the results are showing that.
Get a room, you two.