Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Welcome to Humiliation Day!

Humiliation Day is not a day to humiliate someone. Rather, it should be viewed as a time to recognize the negativity of humiliating someone, or a group of people.

Perhaps too many people associate humbleness with humility. So, they think today is a day to be humble. Being humble is good virtue. Humiliation is a negative impression placed upon someone...which is not so good.

Let's all use this special day, to remind us to avoid humiliating anyone for any reason.

SU News

2017-12-31-dn-subasket43jpg-e27382f795c52846.jpg

Syracuse basketball vs. Wake Forest: 10 things to watch for (PS; Waters)

The Syracuse Orange will go on the road for the first time in ACC play to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on Wednesday at the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem, N.C.

Syracuse is 12-2 overall and 1-0 in the ACC after its 68-56 win over Virginia Tech on Sunday. Syracuse freshman Oshae Brissett (pictured) led the Orange with 19 points and nine rebounds.

Wake Forest is 7-6 on the season and 0-1 in the ACC. The Deacons nearly upset North Carolina on Saturday, but lost a late lead in a 73-69 loss.

The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. on ESPNU.

Here are 10 things to watch for:

010218_WakeForest_courtesy1.jpg

Opponent preview: Everything you need to know ahead of Syracuse's matchup with Wake Forest (DO; Fortier)

Syracuse (12-2, 1-0 Atlantic Coast) heads to Winston-Salem, North Carolina, on a two-game win streak to face Wake Forest (7-6, 0-1) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. After a six-game win streak, the Demon Deacons have dropped two straight, including their ACC opener to North Carolina. This game is important for both teams, as Wake Forest hopes to avoid dropping to .500 again and Syracuse wants to prove that, unlike last season, it can win on the road consistently.

The Demon Deacons’ center, Doral Moore, detailed to reporters that Wake Forest will attack Syracuse’s 2-3 zone like many other teams, with dribble penetration in the middle or finding a cutter at the free-throw line.

“I’ll be able to move a lot more, not too many people are going to double-team me or front me,” Moore said. “I’ll be able to move around and catch lobs if we can get into the middle of the zone. We can get any shot we want as long as we penetrate the zone and get through it, we’ll be fine. I’m excited about that.”

Here’s everything you need to know about the Demon Deacons.

Beat writers split over outcome of Syracuse-Wake Forest on Wednesday (DO; Staff)

Syracuse (12-2, 1-0 Atlantic Coast) takes on Wake Forest (7-6, 0-1 ACC) on Wednesday evening in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The Orange is coming off a double-digit victory against Virginia Tech in its conference opener, while the Demon Deacons most recently dropped a four-point contest against No. 12 North Carolina in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Here’s what our beat writers have to say about the matchup.

Sam Fortier (12-2)
Can’t see the Forest for the trees
Syracuse 67, Wake Forest 63

When Wake Forest collapsed down the stretch against North Carolina, it was a familiar result and a familiar way to get there. The Tar Heels battled back into the game by swarming the offensive boards against the Demon Deacons, one of the worst squads in the nation at holding its opponents back on the glass. Syracuse is the third-best team in the country in that regard and should combine that advantage with its defensive strength against Wake Forest, a less-prolific version of Virginia Tech on offense, and ride it to the win. Wake Forest has never beaten Syracuse (0-5) and this team, which struggles with consistency, will have a hard time stringing things together to overcome the Orange.

Other

bootjpg-6e04917c60623b4a.jpg

Syracuse is owed $9M in parking fines: Who are the city's top scofflaws? (PS; Baker)

Parking scofflaws in Syracuse owe around $9 million, and officials are taking a more aggressive approach to collecting that money.

Thanks to an improved list of boot-eligible vehicles, revenue from overdue parking tickets nearly tripled in the final weeks of 2017.

From Nov. 26 to Dec. 16, the city collected $83,519 -- nearly triple what was collected during that same period in 2016.

Officials are hoping the threat of a boot will incentivize thousands of vehicle owners to make good on back tickets.

Welcome to Humiliation Day!

Humiliation Day is not a day to humiliate someone. Rather, it should be viewed as a time to recognize the negativity of humiliating someone, or a group of people.

Perhaps too many people associate humbleness with humility. So, they think today is a day to be humble. Being humble is good virtue. Humiliation is a negative impression placed upon someone...which is not so good.

Let's all use this special day, to remind us to avoid humiliating anyone for any reason.

I was at that game. My shoulder is still sore from nycfan's high-five.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom