Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
national-cheeseburger-day-today-main-180917_961b380c9f97a97892d22ffc00a0ca3a.fit-1240w.jpg
Welcome to National Cheeseburger Day!

Hamburgers are pretty satisfying, but they are just a little bit better when they are topped with cheese and turned into cheeseburgers. Celebrated today, cheeseburgers can be made with many types of cheese—as long as it has good meltability. Fast food restaurants often use processed cheese, such as American, but cheddar, pepper jack, Swiss, mozzarella, and blue cheese are often used to make cheeseburgers as well. Cheese slices are usually placed on top of burgers right before they are done cooking so that the cheese begins to melt over them. Multiple patties and multiple pieces of cheese may be used in each cheeseburger. Some cheeseburgers even have the cheese inside of the burger, often being called a Juicy Lucy. Just as with hamburgers, many other toppings are often added to cheeseburgers as well, such as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, sauteed mushrooms, avocado, and bacon.

SU News

johnboljpg-92354f3f166cfc9e.jpg

Syracuse basketball to get visit from 2019 center prospect John Bol Ajak (PS; Waters)

John Bol Ajak, a 6-11 center in the 2019 class, has scheduled an official visit to see the Syracuse University campus, according to a report.

Andrew Slater of The Athletic reported on Twitter that Ajak, a senior at Westtown (Pa.) High School, would take an official visit to Syracuse this weekend.

However, Syracuse.com has learned that Ajak's visit will actually take place the following weekend of Sept. 29.

Slater's tweet also indicated that Ajak would visit Virginia Commonwealth and Pittsburgh. He has already taken visits to George Washington and St. Joseph's.

Syracuse will have another recruit on campus this weekend.

Quincy Guerrier, a 6-foot-7 forward at Thetford Academy in Thetford Mines, Quebec, will also be on an official to Syracuse.

Ajak is a native of Sudan, but he grew up in Kenya. He came to the United States three years ago.

Last year, he attended the Church Farm School in Exton, Pa.

Now that the ACC basketball schedule is out, the upcoming season can come into focus (newsobserver.com; Jacobs)

Now that complete ACC men’s basketball schedules have been released, including league games that can’t be avoided or shaped by coaches, an outline of the upcoming season has come into clearer focus.

Keep in mind this will be the final year of an 18-game ACC schedule. Next season the internecine slate grows to a crowded 20. Already this season will commence on Nov. 6, four days earlier than last year. Also, for the first and probably last time since 2000-01, no ACC games are scheduled prior to the first of January.

Syracuse, with four every-game starters back, among them Tyus Battle, the league’s top returning scorer (19.2), plays 19 times at the Carrier Dome. That boosts coach Jim Boeheim’s average to a gluttonous 18.7 home outings in six seasons since joining the ACC. And that doesn’t count facing Iowa or Oregon in this year’s 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden, where the in-state crowd will decidedly favor Syracuse.

The Orange also top the league with seven consecutive home contests, all in December, eclipsing last season’s six-game highs at four schools. That streak of Carrier Dome cooking is matched only by Notre Dame, another 19 home-game program. Boeheim’s bunch leaves New York once before January, traveling to Ohio State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The Irish similarly leave Indiana twice before opening league action at Virginia Tech on New Year’s Day.

A compensatory stroke of fairness has Syracuse attempting three straight ACC road games as the league season reaches its midpoint. Florida State is similarly afflicted, but has made comparable adjustments. Coach Leonard Hamilton’s club, which returns its top two scorers from last year’s Elite Eight group, leaves the Sunshine State only twice before opening its ACC campaign with an early test at Charlottesville on Jan. 5. Like N.C. State, it also balances three consecutive ACC road games with three in a row at home.

Other

Upstate NY's best seafood: Where do Doug's, Rudy's, more rank? (PS; Axelson)

Central NY is home to some family favorite seafood restaurants, and three of them made a new ranking of the best seafood places in Upstate NY.

The ranking is based on data from Yelp.com, including star rating, number of reviews and other criteria. Here are the three Central NY restaurants that made the ranking:

#26 Rudy's Lakeside Drive-In (Oswego County) - $

4 stars, 107 reviews
One customer says: "Hands down best place to eat in Oswego! I grew up eating here and fly up every summer to get my Rudy's fix! Coney hot, fabulous. Haddock plate, fabulous. Everything is fabulous!!!"
Website, Yelp
78 County Rt 89
Oswego, NY 13126

#24 Maxie's Supper Club and Oyster Bar (Tompkins County) - $$

4 stars, 324 reviews
One customer says: "Flavors were on point. Especially the shrimps and grits. Salads were huge and delicious even for a meat eater like me. Seafood was fresh."
Website, Yelp
635 W State St
Ithaca, NY 14850
Other categories: Cajun/Creole

#10 Doug's Fish Fry (Onondaga County) - $$
4.5 stars, 169 reviews
One customer says: "If you go to Skaneateles, and you don't stop at Doug's, you've never been to Skaneateles. This place is the landmark I've been coming here for 40 years every year I stop at Doug's. You won't be able to find a better fish fry anywhere in this area. I wish I had the Doug's, where I live."
Website, Yelp
8 Jordan St
Skaneateles, NY 13152
Other categories: Fish & chips, ice cream, frozen yogurt