Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

15990250-standard.jpg

The Best Places to Chow Down on the Road in the ACC (PS; Stevens)

It was almost exactly four years ago when a really basic concept — come up with a list of decent places to eat in every town in the ACC — produced all sorts of wonderful feedback on Twitter.

Plenty has changed since then. Four schools have entered the ACC, while one has departed. But even now, I get plenty of requests for information pertaining to something on demand far more than bowl projections or bracketology.

And so here's the update, four years in the making. There's even a gallery to go with it (and here's a pre-emptive apology to those who love the restaurant scene around Clemson, Florida State and Notre Dame: I have not visited your fine towns since I got my current phone in July 2012, and I insisted upon having sampled anything that was included in photographic form).

2014-15 College Basketball Conference Preview: ACC (CBSSports)

5. Syracuse Orange

An undefeated start and disappointing finish made for an emotionally draining ACC debut for Syracuse. Now the Orange are back at square one, without three NBA draft picks, hoping to rely on stingy defense and the playmaking of a freshman point guard for success. Kaleb Joseph is not expected to be Tyler Ennis, but the Orange can only go so far relying on Trevor Cooney's outside shooting for offense. If DaJuan Coleman can stay healthy and big man Rakeem Christmas can be more of an offensive threat Syracuse could be scary. Look for Michael Gbinije to have a bigger role thanks to his ability to handle the ball and contribute offensively.

2014-15 College Basketball Conference Preview: ACC (CBSSports)

5. Syracuse Orange

An undefeated start and disappointing finish made for an emotionally draining ACC debut for Syracuse. Now the Orange are back at square one, without three NBA draft picks, hoping to rely on stingy defense and the playmaking of a freshman point guard for success. Kaleb Joseph is not expected to be Tyler Ennis, but the Orange can only go so far relying on Trevor Cooney's outside shooting for offense. If DaJuan Coleman can stay healthy and big man Rakeem Christmas can be more of an offensive threat Syracuse could be scary. Look for Michael Gbinije to have a bigger role thanks to his ability to handle the ball and contribute offensively.
Not much depth of reporting here. No mention of either CM or Roberson let alone other young talent.