Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

Briscoe and Blakeney Tried On Missouri Uniforms. Bryant Apparently Did Not

Briscoe, Blakeney and Bryant Visit Missouri (zagsblog.com; Zagoria)

Isaiah Briscoe enjoyed a “great” visit to Missouri this weekend along with Antonio Blakeney andThomas Bryant, and is planning on attending St. John’s Midnight Madness on Friday, his father told SNY.tv Sunday evening.

“The visit went great,” George Briscoe said. “There are a lot Nike kids that played for the EYBL on Missouri’s team, so he knows a quite a few of them. And then he was with Antonio Blakeney and Thomas Bryant, so whatever they were talking about, they had a football game with 80,000 people shouting, ‘Briscoe, Blakeney, Bryant.'”

Syracuse basketball's Carmelo K. Anthony Center turns 5 (video tour) (PS: Waters)

16064621-standard.jpg

Pitino: Shoe companies influence recruits

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pitino-shoe-companies-influence-recruits-231616562--ncaab.html

''What I personally don't like (is) I can't recruit a kid because he wears Nike on the AAU circuit,'' Pitino said. ''I had never heard of such a thing and it's happening in our world. Or, he's on the adidas circuit, so the Nike schools don't want him.''

The coach added that it is a very tough situation to address ''because our pockets are lined with their money.''

At least Missouri's weekend football game was complete downer losing 34-0 to Georgia.
Briscoe has offers from UK and Arizona and he's visiting St. John's. I can just hear his dad, OK coach Lavin how much are you offering under the table?

At least Missouri's weekend football game was complete downer losing 34-0 to Georgia.
Briscoe has offers from UK and Arizona and he's visiting St. John's. I can just hear his dad, OK coach Lavin how much are you offering under the table?
Or, "You know Coach Lavin, I did a little coaching back in the day..."