Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
13183415-mmmain.jpg

Welcome to National Public Sleeping Day!

Catch a few winks or take a long nap in public to celebrate Public Sleeping Day on February 28. Definitely one of the more quirky made-up holidays we have seen, Public Sleeping Day or National Public Sleeping Day as it is also known, encourages people to commune with nature by sleeping outdoors in public.

SU News

Jags' Ramsey calls out A&M assistant for tweet (espn;DiRocco)

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey is not happy with a Texas A&M assistant coach for using his photo as a recruiting tool.

Aggies tight ends coach Tim Brewster on Monday night tweeted what appears to be a recruiting poster featuring all of the former defensive backs who played under head coach Jimbo Fisher at Florida State and are now playing in the NFL. The poster also includes their total career earnings.

Ramsey, who played under Fisher at FSU from 2013 to '15, is included in the poster. He responded to Brewster's tweet by saying: "He didn't teach me not one DB technique."

He didn't teach me not one DB technique... #ComeGetSomeRealTruth#GoNoles Tim Brewster on Twitter

— Jalen Ramsey (@jalenramsey) February 27, 2018

Know I have nothing but respect for you Coach Brew but don't use me on a poster for a school I didn't go to & for a coach who didn't teach me how to be a DB.

— Jalen Ramsey (@jalenramsey) February 27, 2018

Fisher left FSU for Texas A&M in December after eight seasons in Tallahassee. He brought Brewster, who was the Seminoles' tight ends coach from 2013 to '17, along with him.

101717bcfoot.jpg

BC opens spring practice with high hopes along offensive line (bostonhearld.com; Thompson)

John Phillips is from Phoenix NY (CBA)

Boston College has the pieces in place to reclaim its reputation as “O-Line U.”

The Eagles have five returning starters on the offensive front and seven linemen with 10 or more career starts. Several redshirt underclassmen are ready to step up along with incoming freshman Tyler Vrabel, the 6-foot-5, 285-pound son of Tennessee Titans head coach and former Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel.

BC’s offensive line will be the most cohesive unit on the field when the Eagles open spring practice today.

“We’ve got depth, and we’ve got experience,” BC coach Steve Addazio said. “Barring any unforeseen real devastating injuries, we should have one of the better offensive lines in the ACC and it does start up front. I’m excited about that.

“Not only do we have seven guys with 10 starts, we have seven guys that are interchangeable. Left side, right side, guard to tackle, center to guard, guard to center, that’s what you want.”

The returning starters are tackles Chris Lindstrom and Aaron Monteiro, guards Sam Schmal and John Phillips and center Ben Petrula, a 2017 ESPN Freshman All-American who never played the position before last season.

Other

20637845_10154899805773333_8913590015517078954_n.jpg

'House Hunters' TV show to feature Syracuse couple, Gannon's Ice Cream (PS; Herbert)

A couple from Syracuse will be featured on "House Hunters" this week.

HGTV says "Cape Cod vs. Ranch in Syracuse," Thursday's episode of the long-running reality TV show, will feature local first-time buyers Kayla and Caroline looking for a home together, but there's an issue. Caroline wants a classic Cape Cod style house, while Kayla is looking for a ranch-style home.

Gannon's Ice Cream hinted there may be additional drama involving sweet treats.

"Clear your schedules! Gannon's will be seen on HGTV #HouseHunters," the Syracuse ice cream shop wrote on Facebook Monday. "Which house (and ice cream) will they pick?"

According to their Facebook pages, Caroline is a Westhill High School and SUNY Geneseo alumna who works as a pre-K teacher in Syracuse. Kayla is a University of Missouri-St. Louis graduate. The couple got married last year.

Last edited: