Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Johnny-Appleseed-Day-1062x360.jpg

Welcome to Johnny Appleseed Day!

Johnny Appleseed Day celebrates the famous apple tree planter, whose real name was John Chapman. It is celebrated on two days—March 11 and September 26. Some sources list Johnny Appleseed's death day as March 11, but some list it as March 18, 1845. Johnny Appleseed Day is either celebrated on March 11 because it is the anniversary of his death, or because it is during planting season. Johnny Appleseed's birthday is September 26, in 1774, so that is why it is also celebrated on that day.

SU News

Revenge game? Tigers emphasize focus, execution against Syracuse instead (tigernet.com; Rink)

No. 2 Clemson football’s next game being hailed as the biggest game has been the mantra under Dabo Swinney for years now. No matter if the opponent is from the ACC, Sun Belt or SoCon.

With the also 4-0 Syracuse Orange next up (noon Saturday, ABC), revenge for last year’s 27-24 shocking upset has been a topic quickly dispatched by Swinney and Clemson this week. “No, the idea of a bad memory and a bad taste in my mouth is certainly a motivating factor,” Swinney said Tuesday, “but we're not out to get revenge. They won a football game. They outplayed us. They outcoached us. They beat us.

“They came ready,” said junior defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence. “We're just focusing on our next goal and our next goal is to win this week. I wouldn't say revenge - we just focus. It's no different from last week's game preparing. It's getting the game plan and going and doing it. “We didn't show up (last season). They beat us - they out-coached us kind of deal. We have to do everything we can for that not to happen again.”

lawrence_trevor_hair_opening-479.jpg

Clemson Football: Could QBs become a distraction in Syracuse preparation? (rubbingtherock.com; Spencer)

Clemson football made an announcement earlier in the week that Trevor Lawrence would be the starter at quarterback, but there seems to be some noise.

Clemson football fans have been talking all week, and I expect that to continue, about the quarterback situation following a decision from the coaching staff to announce Trevor Lawrence as the starting signal-caller ahead of senior Kelly Bryant.

Dabo Swinney met with the media Tuesday and said that he had given Bryant Monday afternoon off as a way for him to process the information and have some time to himself.

Swinney also made it clear that it was nothing that Kelly Bryant had done and that Bryant would continue to see playing time.

On Tuesday evening, though, we received word that Bryant was absent from practice a second time. At the time of this writing, we haven’t gotten a reason from the coaching staff as to why he wasn’t present.

Could it be that Kelly Bryant is transferring? Maybe he just needed an extra day to clear his head? Either way, he’s certainly in the midst of a tough decision.

Clemson defense looking forward to playing Syracuse (theclemsoninsider.com; Clancy)

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables spoke with the media Monday as he previewed Saturday’s game against Syracuse, while also talking about the depth he has on the defensive side of the football.

Venables previews Syracuse

“They got good players, a good quarterback, they’re an experienced team on both sides of the ball. They’ve got a lot of confidence after having whooped us last year. I think our guys are excited about the challenge…I think our guys are looking forward to the opportunity to see how we match up.”

Venables on who has stood out against Georgia Tech

“Guys like Nolan Turner have come on that we were hopeful. We felt really pretty good about the group of linebackers playing. Nyles (Pinckney) has shown he has gotten better and more trustworthy. Obviously, Xavier (Kelly) has come on a little bit more and there’s a question mark there to some degree. I think he’s a guy that has noticeably earned the right to play more and more.”

Dabo Swinney Press Conference || The Syracuse Game (clemsontigers./com; video)

Dabo Swinney Press Conference || The Syracuse Game

On this clip of the Student Section show, our college football betting panel discusses Syracuse vs Clemson.

Syracuse Football: Syracuse will shock the world in Death Valley (itlh.com; Esden Sr)

Paul A. Esden Sr. gives you all the statistical backing you need for this matchup on Saturday. Here’s why the Syracuse football squad will shock the world.
The fifth game of the 2018 Syracuse Orange Campaign is against Clemson University. Let us take a moment to recognize the significant accomplishment we have had to date. As yours truly predicted, we are bringing an undefeated record heading into our contest with the No. 3 team in the nation.

The Orange is the New Fast has built some momentum headed into Death Valley. This game may have a different ending then everyone thought when the schedules were released, let’s break down the game.

As always let’s look at last year’s numbers:

2017 Rankings Comparison

Syracuse

Clemson

Total Offense

23rd

38th

Rushing

70th

35th

Passing

18th

61th

Total Defense

105th

4th

Rushing

98th

12th

Passing

97th

4th

There were not a lot of takeaways from our dominant win over UConn, this was an example of a game that we should win and we did.

I will share with you what I consider the most important thing that I observed several times on Saturday, Eric Dungey played the game like a quarterback. I am specifically talking about after a run when there was no more yardage to gain, he did not shift to linebacker mode and initiate the hit, he went out of bounds. As well as Mr. Tommy Devito played when Eric went out last week, there is no doubt in this writer’s mind that the key for this magical season to continue is Eric staying healthy.

Now let’s look at this year’s numbers to date:

2018 Rankings Comparison
SyracuseClemson

Total Offense
10th18th
Rushing6th22nd
Passing43rd28th
87th14th
52nd30th
102nd18th
Total Defense[/td] Rushing[/td] Passing[/td]

Other

pete-davidson-410eddd3032c11bb.jpg

Pete Davidson presenting comedy show in Syracuse, days after calling city 'trash' (PS; Herbert)

"Saturday Night Live" star Pete Davidson is "presenting" a standup comedy show in Syracuse this weekend, days after he called the Salt City "trash."

Comedians Joey Gay and Dave Sirus will perform at Funk 'n Waffles in downtown Syracuse on Sunday, Sept. 30, at 9 p.m. The event is open to attendees 18 or older.
Tickets are on sale now through TicketWeb.com for $15; additional fees may apply.
The event is billed as "Pete Davidson Presents: Joey Gay & Dave Sirus - FnW SYR," but Davidson is not scheduled to appear at the event, according to a promoter for Funk 'n Waffles.

Davidson has faced heavy criticism after making disparaging comments about his time filming "Big Time Adolescence" in Central New York this summer. In an interview with Howard Stern on Monday, he said he and fiancee Ariana Grande love spending time with each other, and hung out together in Syracuse during production.

"Dude, I was shooting this movie out in Syracuse. Syracuse, you know, it's trash," Davidson said. "Worse than Staten Island. The nicest hotel in Syracuse is, like, a --ing Ramada."

Gay and Sirus also hung out with Davidson while the 24-year-old "SNL" star shot the upcoming movie. The three comedians performed together at a surprise charity comedy show at the former A.V. Zogg Middle School in Liverpool, now the home of filmmaker Jeremy Garelick's Syracuse Studios and film school.

Last edited:
Johnny-Appleseed-Day-1062x360.jpg

Welcome to Johnny Appleseed Day!

Johnny Appleseed Day celebrates the famous apple tree planter, whose real name was John Chapman. It is celebrated on two days—March 11 and September 26. Some sources list Johnny Appleseed's death day as March 11, but some list it as March 18, 1845. Johnny Appleseed Day is either celebrated on March 11 because it is the anniversary of his death, or because it is during planting season. Johnny Appleseed's birthday is September 26, in 1774, so that is why it is also celebrated on that day.

one take away from Dar Dar play is how freakin fast Quadry was.. NFL speed, we need some more of that

one take away from Dar Dar play is how freakin fast Quadry was.. NFL speed, we need some more of that
?

Kirby Dar Dar?
Qadry Ismail?
What play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online