Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

16914031-mmmain.jpg

SU Football Recruiting: Get to Know Qaadir Sheppard (PS; Mink)

Each morning leading up to National Signing Day on Wednesday, my syracuse.com colleague Stephen Bailey and I will take a look at one of Syracuse football's verbal commitments for the Class of 2015.

Next up is defensive end Qaadir Sheppard.

The Basics
Name: Qaadir Sheppard
Position: Defensive end
Height: 6 feet, 3 inches
Weight: 222 pounds
High School: Iona Preparatory School
Twitter: @HoopLife_Q13

Commitment Breakdown
Sheppard, a three-star prospect and a top-five player in New York, verbally committed to Syracuse a week before Christmas.

CJ AND RG.png

Video: Oh What Could Have Been...Chandler Jones Celebrates Super Bowl Win with Rob Gronkowski (thepostgame.com; Staff)

Rob Gronkowski finished Super Bowl XLIX with six receptions, 68 yards, one touchdown and one shirtless selfie with Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones. it's pretty much the way you'd expect Gronk to be soaking up the moments after winning the Super Bowl.

Chandler+and+family+2-1.jpg

Pops, Chandler and Arthur

Chandler Jones and Pats Win Super Bowl 49 (wbng.com; Staff)

Endicott native and Union-Endicott High School graduate Chandler Jones registered 3 tackles, including a sack, as the New England Patriots beat the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl 49, 28-24.

Chandler joins his brother, Arthur, as a Super Bowl champion. Arthur won a Super Bowl ring in 2013 as a member of the Baltimore Ravens.

201502012131774971232-p5.jpg

Chandler Jones Celebrates the Victory

Chandler Jones Joins Brothers in Ranks of Champions with Super Bowl Win (thepostgame.com; Staff)

There's another champ in the Jones family.

Chandler Jones became a Super Bowl winner Sunday night as he helped the Patriots beat the Seahawks 28-24. Jones, who had one of New England's three sacks on Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, follows the lead of older brothers Arthur and Jon.

Arthur had a sack for Baltimore in its Super Bowl win two years ago against the 49ers. Jon is the UFC light heavyweight champion.

Other

-565447c0dc7a33f9.jpg

Major Storm Hits Syracuse, Roads Bad, Flights Delayed/Cancelled (PS; McMahon)

As up to 14 inches of snow falls on Central New York, traffic is moving slowly through the city of Syracuse and several flights are cancelled or delayed.

Average speeds on Interstates 81 and 690 have slowed to around 30 or 40 mph in downtown Syracuse. Travel on much of I-481 is about 40 mph, according to sigalert.com.

The Onondaga County 911 Dispatch Center is reporting a handful of disabled vehicles on roads throughout the county.

Last edited:
Mostly off topic, but I whipped up some thoughts on the game: http://.com/random-thoughts-on-super-bowl-xlix/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom