Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

Highly Regarded 2017 DE Loves Ohio State on Visit (247sports.com; Kurelic)

2017 defensive end Luiji Vilain who attends Pearson High in Ontario, Canada, visited Ohio State today. It was the second time Vilain has been to Ohio State, but the first time specifically for a football visit.

“I really liked it a lot,” Vilain said. “I really like the facilities and all the stuff Ohio State can offer. I think the thing I liked best was the new addition to the locker room. But I really liked all the facilities.”

Kerry Coombs is recruiting Vilain for the Buckeyes, but his potential position coach if he ended up at Ohio State, defensive line coach Larry Johnson, played host today.

“I met coach Coombs two years when he started recruiting me,” Vilain said. “I talked to coach Johnson today. I met him at the Sound Mind Sound Body camp. He showed us around [today]. I really like coach Johnson.”

Vilain, who is now up to 6-foot-4 and 240-pounds, plays defensive end for a club team in Canada because his high school doesn’t have football.

But even without playing high school football, some recruiters have seen enough. Vilain already has scholarship offers from Penn State, Syracuse, Minnesota, Rutgers and South Florida.

Did former Syracuse football OL Sean Hickey make the right choice coming back for a fifth season? (PS: Bailey)

-027dc80d6e2b885c.JPG