For me | Syracusefan.com

For me

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
This crowd was so amped and ready to rock, unfortunately the game was over in the first quarter, I knew going inwe would probably lose and maybe by a big margin but I thought we would hang in it for a while, didn' t happen. Do not know what are DC is doing but when recievers are free by 20 yards that is not because of talent its because of blown coverages and missed assignments so I have to question what were doing at least a little, It was way too easy ! Very big egg laid by our program and all those casual fans wont be back soon. Just don't see positives out of Clemson field day i witnessed

the whole thing was for the D to make clemson earn points.. keep the crowd in the game.

This crowd was so amped and ready to rock, unfortunately the game was over in the first quarter, I knew going inwe would probably lose and maybe by a big margin but I thought we would hang in it for a while, didn' t happen. Do not know what are DC is doing but when recievers are free by 20 yards that is not because of talent its because of blown coverages and missed assignments so I have to question what were doing at least a little, It was way too easy ! Very big egg laid by our program and all those casual fans wont be back soon. Just don't see positives out of Clemson field day i witnessed

Agree 100% STO. Sent me to the edge as well, I just don't see us winning many games this year with problems all over. Not that we lost but the fact we looked completely unprepared. I like Shafer I really do, but we have a lot of work to do and have given back a lot of the work back that Marrone had built with his staff as well. I think we underestimate it takes for a new staff to gel. We will need to score points versus teams we have left because I don't see the defense stopping a ton of teams.

We have definitely taken a HUGE step back this year everywhere from what I can see. I think Syracuse football teams are defined by their seniors. I love Macky but he cant do it alone. Last year we had Pugh, Nassib, Lemon, and Shamarko. Those guys were not only really good players but great leaders as well. We had solid seniors the year of the first Pinstripe as well. 2001 great seniors as well. It makes a huge difference

Clemson's first series was a thing of beauty and was a great example of using one play to set-up another. They threw a WR screen on the first play (good for 6 yds.), then ran essentially the same play to the opposite side (good for 24 yds.). The 3rd play, when the safety bit on it, Boyd threw it over the top to a wide open Humphries for a 60 yd TD.

Clemson also had us well-scouted. On the ensuing KO, when the Tigers unexpectedly attempted an onsides kick, the announcers commented that the Clemson coaches had noticed on film that one of our up-men (Whigham?) was leaving early, and they immediately tried to exploit that tendency.