For our recruiting gurus and insiders | Syracusefan.com

For our recruiting gurus and insiders

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Assuming Copeland commits:

1. How many more kids does SU want in this class?
2. How many do you think we get?
3. Who do you see filing the spots, in order of likelihood
4. What recruits do you most expect us to land in the following class?

Thanks in advance and for all your insights and thoughts on recruiting in general.

Assuming Copeland commits:

1. How many more kids does SU want in this class?
2. How many do you think we get?
3. Who do you see filing the spots, in order of likelihood
4. What recruits do you most expect us to land in the following class?

Thanks in advance and for all your insights and thoughts on recruiting in general.
2-3
2-3
Carey, Bunch,Barlow,JJ are the big 4 I see us targeting
Carey and Bunch

I get the feeling we add 1 big and JJ would be a huge bonus. No inside info for me lately, basing on gut and past history of hope vs outcome!

Carey/bunch with a possible Barlow. Carey being most likely and also can't forget the portal...I think we end up using the portal for here on out for at least one guy from time to time. This is just my opinion but I feel like JJ for being a local has never seemed like a Cuse kid...the love for the hometown school has never seemed like it was there and hes always been attracted to the "other" girl. Who knows though recruiting is crazy and the NIL could make things interesting for us.

I wonder if Barlow / Carey are an either-or type of situation, Even though they play different positions.

I don't think that's the case, but...

I wonder if Barlow / Carey are an either-or type of situation, Even though they play different positions.

I don't think that's the case, but...
If anything I would think Barlow and Bunch would be the either-or scenario here, unless one of them is happy being the 3rd forward in this class, something I have a hard time believing either of those guys would sign on for.

If anything I would think Barlow and Bunch would be the either-or scenario here, unless one of them is happy being the 3rd forward in this class, something I have a hard time believing either of those guys would sign on for.
I think a 3 forward class is possible, only because I believe that we may roll into the 2022 season with 3 new forwards.

Benny goes pro, Jimmy is done, Swider takes his degree and walks after 4 years of college hoops.

It's not that crazy.

I think Bunch is getting sold on the notion of having to wait a year, but then possibly a path to a starting role -- with the expectation that both Benny / Kamari will be gone. I don't view him as mutually exclusive with Barlow.

I've always expected the staff to land 5, and to keep one open for any grad transfer options down the road. But I think if they can land both Carey and Barlow, the staff would do it.

Unless they only want 1 big, in which case -- the either / or hypothetical I brought up.

Right now, 2021 Syracuse has 3 forwards (Williams, Swider and J. Boeheim). At least two will probably be gone. Lands and Taylor are combo guard/forwards. Lands wants to play/be a guard and they were looking at Taylor to be Buddy’s replacement (now that could be small forward position). Perhaps Anselem could be a PF if playing time is available.

Having 3 forward recruits in 2021-2022 is not unrealistic because of Lands/Taylor ability to play guard. We need a power forward rebounding type like a D. Barlow or P. Chaney (who can also play center)

I think a 3 forward class is possible, only because I believe that we may roll into the 2022 season with 3 new forwards.

Benny goes pro, Jimmy is done, Swider takes his degree and walks after 4 years of college hoops.

It's not that crazy.

Right now, 2021 Syracuse has 3 forwards (Williams, Swider and J. Boeheim). At least two will probably be gone. Lands and Taylor are combo guard/forwards. Lands wants to play/be a guard and they were looking at Taylor to be Buddy’s replacement (now that could be small forward position). Perhaps Anselem could be a PF if playing time is available.

Having 3 forward recruits in 2021-2022 is not unrealistic because of Lands/Taylor ability to play guard. We need a power forward rebounding type like a D. Barlow or P. Chaney (who can also play center)

From Syracuse's perspective it sounds great, why not take 3 good forwards just in case. But if you look at it from Bunch or Barlow's perspective - if Syracuse already has Lands and one of those two, they become a lot less desirable place for the other to commit.

From Syracuse's perspective it sounds great, why not take 3 good forwards just in case. But if you look at it from Bunch or Barlow's perspective - if Syracuse already has Lands and one of those two, they become a lot less desirable place for the other to commit.
True, but I'm assuming that the other schools recruiting them probably bring their own questions about PT.

2-3
2-3
Carey, Bunch,Barlow,JJ are the big 4 I see us targeting
Carey and Bunch
Same answer. I like Barlow but I’m not sure he will be there for us at the end. I mean if they get JJ I won’t even know what to say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom