For the longest time I thought Cooney | Syracusefan.com

For the longest time I thought Cooney

Guinness

Living Legend
was the difference maker in this offense. I was wrong. It is Grant. The kid has not been right for awhile and today was the first game he looked like the player we saw the first half of the season. Makes me wonder just how long his back was hurt before we heard about it.

Good to see him looking healthy and playing like a beast again.

Yep.

Here's an excerpt from Donna Diotta's article after the game:

The SU sophomore said he knew he would "give it a shot" on Sunday after two fruitful and relatively pain-free practices. He will continue to get treatment on his back and believes he will be healthy enough to finish the season without further interruption.

I was just thinking this after the game. I said earlier in the season that he would be the easiest to replace if an injury were to occur but yeah, we can't lose anyone and Grant is no exception.

No I still think it is Cooney. It was a one point game before he hit his first two threes and that basically broke it open. I am convinced that Cooney is the key. If he shoots 50% in the NCAA tournament like he did pre-conference we have a real shot at winning it all.

cooney is frankly dice in a cup . he's shown no consistency . right now it's just a gamble every roll.

No I still think it is Cooney. It was a one point game before he hit his first two threes and that basically broke it open. I am convinced that Cooney is the key. If he shoots 50% in the NCAA tournament like he did pre-conference we have a real shot at winning it all.

If cooney shoots 50% we are the heavy favorites IMO (and everyone else is healthy)

Imagine if Cooney pulled a James Southerland and went into NBA Jam en-fuego mode starting in the conference tourney like JS did last season.

Ha just posted this same thing in another thread. James was unbelievable in the BET last year.

i'd say 36% deep is the threshold . if you're below that you're hurting us and above well hallelujejah.

If Grant is healthy and Cooney starts hitting 3's, we can beat anyone in the country. When Cooney doesn't hit, we are in grind it out games. Without a healthy Grant and Cooney not hitting, we could go out in the first round. Hopefully, we get a healthy and Grant a hot Cooney! Let's Go Orange!

Imagine if Cooney pulled a James Southerland and went into NBA Jam en-fuego mode starting in the conference tourney like JS did last season.
Then pencil us in for Monday night in Dallas (you could use pen actually)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom