For those complaining about students leaving early | Syracusefan.com

For those complaining about students leaving early

They suck too, then!

I'm not even expecting to the end. How about through the 3rd quarter, at least...like most everybody else? These students would've all missed the VT comeback win in '98 or the Oklahoma comeback in '94 because they would've been gone at halftime.

They suck too, then!

I'm not even expecting to the end. How about through the 3rd quarter, at least...like most everybody else? These students would've all missed the VT comeback win in '98 or the Oklahoma comeback in '94 because they would've been gone at halftime.

I don't disagree with you. They shouldn't ever leave early. I always stay until the end. I'll be the first one to call students out about not showing up or leaving early, but you can't blame them today or when we're up by 40+ like we were against Wagner and Tulane.

I don't disagree with you. They shouldn't ever leave early. I always stay until the end. I'll be the first one to call students out about not showing up or leaving early, but you can't blame them today or when we're up by 40+ like we were against Wagner and Tulane.

I can blame them today...halftime was way too early. If you're going to leave early today, after the 91 yard bomb to make it 42-14 at the end of the 3rd...that was an acceptable time to go. Before that? Too early.

Serious question. Why did northwestern make 15,000 seats available to Ohio st? Were they forced to? So strange

I left a game early for the first time ever. I couldnt stand to watch it any more. I cant stand Clemson and with the exception of the 3rd quarter, that was an embarassing performance

I can blame them today...halftime was way too early. If you're going to leave early today, after the 91 yard bomb to make it 42-14 at the end of the 3rd...that was an acceptable time to go. Before that? Too early.

Yeah I'm an alum leaving at halftime is just weak I was really upset about it during the game. Have none of them ever watched a football game before. Yeah we lost big but a few plays in the 3rd quarter go our way and we are close or tied (super rosy view: td we got, 2 tds when we were down deep in the redzone and the broyld drop when he had 40yds of open territory behind him.) I don't know I didn't graduate that long ago if they're saying "ah lets go drink" then clearly haven't figured out plastic flasks exist and I am sad for them.

I think we need to start re scanning the tickets of kids that stay to the end of games on the way out, before bball starts they get a season ticket upgrade lotto for reserved seats in the first 15 rows that only open to the rest of the student body 20mins before the game. If they take the time to stay the whole game save them time camping out for bball a few times a season because its likely the same kids.

I stay until the end unless the head coach starts putting un the backups...

Serious question. Why did northwestern make 15,000 seats available to Ohio st? Were they forced to? So strange

Georgetown should offer a consulting business on how to keep opposing fans out of a stadium

I had guests with me this weekend that wanted to leave, so that was my excuse for leaving, but personally, as long as the team is out there trying to compete, I'd gladly stay through a blowout. But we weren't trying to compete after the first couple of drives today.

Offensive playcalling was an absolute joke and the defense was beaten almost every play. I wasn't expecting us to keep it close, but I wasn't expecting us to look like a complete joke either.

Hey NC State fans couldn't be bothered to drive a couple of hours in state to see their team play at Wake yesterday.
http://www.news-record.com/sports/college/article_a58cdace-2e34-11e3-ba6c-001a4bcf6878.html

"But while the Wake side of the stadium was packed, the State fans were absent. For a fanbase that has played twice outside North Carolina in its last nine games dating to the middle of last season, Saturday’s no-show was hard to understand. For a program that will only play two games outside the state of North Carolina all year, it made no sense why the fans didn’t make the trip just down the road on a sunny fall day with their team 3-1, with a new coach and an in-state rival to get up for."

We have only one more game (Wake) to bitch about the students. They'll be on Thanksgiving break for the Pitt and BC games.

Is seems some folks are ragging on the students for leaving early at yesterday's game. But in watching on TV, the stands looked like a ghost town in the 4th quarter. Lots of people were leaving early - apparently students, alums, and many who just live in the area. So, this is not all on the students obviously. It is understandable and there are legitimate reasons to have to leave, but it was a little embarrassing looking on TV FWIW.

I don't get a lot of the opinions when it comes to fans but they are opinions and here are mine:

1) People are complaining if Cuse only sells 35,000 seats and wondering why more fans don't go to the games. Finally the Cuse finally sells 48,000 tickets and then people complain because a bunch of them left early. Here's the bottom line as I see it. Not all the people that attend are die hard/have to attend every game fans. For whatever reason they might only go to one game per year. And if they choose to leave early that's their decision. There is nothing written that says they have to stay. The diehard fan will definitely stay. The casual fan will if they are being entertained.

2) Students. Call it school spirit or call it being a football fan but you're not going to twist arms. If they are inclined to go, they will. I laugh when I read that the school should throw incentives to the kids that go the games and stay until the end. I don't get that. Unless you really think that bribery is the way to go, the only thing that is really going to fill the student section at a school like Syracuse is a winning football team.

We have only one more game (Wake) to bitch about the students. They'll be on Thanksgiving break for the Pitt and BC games.
2013=one of the worst schedules ever. Throw out Clemson and the rest of it does nothing to attract more students or the casual fan.

BV1TV2NCcAAH39m.jpg

Florida State student section was empty people need to . FSU is a top 10 team and their students didn't show up for a top 25 opponent.

I had guests with me this weekend that wanted to leave, so that was my excuse for leaving, but personally, as long as the team is out there trying to compete, I'd gladly stay through a blowout. But we weren't trying to compete after the first couple of drives today.

Offensive playcalling was an absolute joke and the defense was beaten almost every play. I wasn't expecting us to keep it close, but I wasn't expecting us to look like a complete joke either.

That's my gripe.

I'm happy to stay through the alma mater (and wish everyone else would, too). But if they're not going to compete, why should the team expect the fans to stay? When Allen comes out (and we run the ball up the middle on first down for the tenth time, no less), Shafer's telling everyone that he's given up on this one.

I have never seen a mass exodus like I saw on Saturday. It honestly seemed like the game ended at halftime. Thousands and thousands of people left. hard to blame them i guess, we didnt show up.